GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've been running a [email protected] CT on the back for about 6 months, roughly 4K miles. I've decided I'll keep her. It did take a little bit to get used to "cornering on the corner" (I ride my Wing hard and take turns faster than most). I also noticed a ridiculous amount of groove tracking on the fwy, but that is calming down with wear. Overall, I like it better than a MT, its quieter and I can stop on a dime now. I'm looking forward to more than 8K out of a tire!

So who sells the Dark Rider stickers. Am I D.R. #1000? Do I get a prize?:cool:

·
Premium Member
31,973 Posts
So who sells the Dark Rider stickers. Am I D.R. #1000? Do I get a prize?:cool:
No prize but Darkside cookies are here in Wi. If you want them:congrats:

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
I ride my Wing hard and take turns faster than most.
Hate to tell you this.........but.......that really isn't saying much. :lol::lol::lol:

Not saying you aren't fast, just saying that "most" 1800 owners are, well........let's just say they are easy on tires. ;)

Welcome to the Darkside.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Just got my number...992 so you must be around that..?:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
PM sent...

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Welcome aboard and enjoy the new shoe :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
What? Handing out numbers without posted pics? :wrong:

Welcome to the Darkside!:thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Not saying you aren't fast, just saying that "most" 1800 owners are, well........let's just say they are easy on tires. ;)
Old blue hair Buick driving Bumblers like me!:thumbup::coffee1:

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Old blue hair Buick driving Bumblers like me!:thumbup::coffee1:
RM.....although you and I have only carved corners together once, I can say with certainty, you....shall we say...are NOT as easy on tires as most. :lol::lol::yes1:

BTW. I didn't see any hair, blue or otherwise.

·
Premium Member
31,973 Posts
BTW. I didn't see any hair, blue or otherwise.
That's what I've been telling him.I think he is thinking of his punk rock days :wrong:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"Hate to tell you this.........but.......that really isn't saying much. :lol::lol::lol:...Not saying you aren't fast, just saying that "most" 1800 owners are, well........let's just say they are easy on tires. :wink:"

Well...Trialsman, based on your pic, I ride like you...a little hard on the pipes and foot pegs too, not just the corners of the tire. The original '01 Goldwing sales literature called it a sport bike and it can be you just have to USE its power and weight to throw it around. I LIKE it!

Thanks for welcoming me onto the Dark Side guys.
I'm Rider #994. As Maxwell Smart would say....missed it by that much!

-YTU

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Murgie, I'm an old Buick driving blue hair, not a blue haired hippie! Only think I ever smoked was the tires on my dads Ford Torino!
If I was a betting man, I would bet there's a shiny new Civic, and no Buick in the driveway.:lol:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
If I was a betting man, I would bet there's a shiny new Civic, and no Buick in the driveway.:lol:
Sorry there Harvey, try a 2000 V-6 Dodge Dakota!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts