GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Not in complete context of this thread, this is what I have accomplished over the last several days. I was finally successful in locating a Honda dealer that would sell me a 2023 Goldwing and more importantly give me close to what I wanted for a trade-in value on my 2018 BMW K1600GTL. What an ordeal in this regard and one that took a long time to finalize . So, I just took the BMW into the dealer as the down payment on the Goldwing however the Wing is not supposed to arrive until the end of February 2023. So for now I will be limited to riding my 1977 KZ-1000A1 and since we are in the middle of a relatively heavy snowfall and cold temps I won't have to worry about riding anything for awhile except a snow shovel. I eagerly anticipate the arrival of the Goldwing DCT Tour as it certainly looks like a fun motorcycle to ride. I hope all the fooling around to purchase one relatively close to me will be worth the effort and time. Come On Spring!

Rick H.
Great write-up !!!

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
This thread is designed to put out there anything you'd like to share that you did from washing your bike to general maintenance to where you rode to upgrades that you have ordered or installed today. Just short and sweet.

I did my first oil change a few days ago a little shy of 4K and recently ordered Heli Bars and the Kisan Tailblazer for my Wing. Looking forward to getting them both installed.
We raised the shifter and lowered the foot brake on my 2022 6 speed manual tour.

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A, Illusion Blue, original owner!
2,457 Posts
I visited mine in storage yesterday, and added some Stabil to the tank. Winter has arrived in Montana's Bitterroot Valley.

Reactions: Hoopdc and Jack2

·
Registered
2021 Honda Goldwing DCT Bagger
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Well, after a few days and a couple of minor adjustments the jury is back in on my new HeliBars handlebar install. This is exactly what this bike needed. I'm 6'2" and used to riding bikes with taller bars, hiway pegs and a riders backrest so this was on my to do list from at least day 2. I had already added a riders backrest and Kuryakyn Omni Hiway pegs along with a few other goodies so the bars were next. The instructions recommend a 6" initial height adjustment, I went with 7" which ended up being perfect for me. These are such a great improvement that they even make the less than stellar factory seat halfway doable and definitely help take the stress from my back.
Soooo, bottom line is that I HIGHLY recommend this mod! They are extremely well engineered and definitely built to last.

·
Registered
‘21 Tour DCT
139 Posts
L8R I completely agree with your impression. The difference really shows how misplaced the stock bars are on a bike like this.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Did kind of a cool mod today. I have been looking at options to get rid of the glaring amber reflectors that disrupt an otherwise cool looking aerodynamic front fork design on my 21 Wing. I stopped by a buddies window tint shop to bounce the idea off of him and he happened to have some deep tint that is intended to smoke out tail lights. After a brief discussion, 15 minutes and 20 bucks later this is what we came up with. When bright lights hit them they do still reflect somewhat.

I know, I know, a lot of you that are uber safety conscious are going to find issue with this but I'm a big boy and thought that if anyone here has the same subtle mindset as me, in that less is more, that I would share this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This thread is designed to put out there anything you'd like to share that you did from washing your bike to general maintenance to where you rode to upgrades that you have ordered or installed today. Just short and sweet.

I did my first oil change a few days ago a little shy of 4K and recently ordered Heli Bars and the Kisan Tailblazer for my Wing. Looking forward to getting them both installed.
It’s cold here in Chicago but I had to gas it up put in the fuel stabilizer and attach a battery tender. She’s put to bed now, see you in the spring.

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
Opened the shed, said hello and closed the shed. 23º here this morning with snow flurries. MIne was put up about 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Chilly but supposedly the last sunny day for awhile here today so I got a descent little ride in.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Just replaced the tires, and added a fork brace. Feels like a new bike now.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I took my bike in yesterday to have the matching trunk installed, I pick it up today, and I ordered a new Mustang non heated custom seat with matching backrest yesterday too. It should be here next week!

·
Registered
20,574 Posts
RTE with the wife to Salatos

41 - 60 of 63 Posts