GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the passenger intercom terminal cord when you installed the Kury passenger arm rests?

I am second owner, the arm rests were already installed. The rubber mount for the i'com cord was removed to allow installation of the Kury mounting plate. Now the cord just flops around. I stuff it down in along side the passenger seat, but it would sure be a lot neater if there was a clip or holder mounted somewhere near where the OEM holder was. Wondering what some of you came up with.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Super glued it (gel) on the chrome bracket alongside the arm

·
Registered
307 Posts
Interesting. I had the Kury passenger arm rests installed by the dealer before I picked up the Wing. The intercom wire is mounted right beside it. The bracket appears to be held on with double sided tape.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Most people use a wire tie (Zip Tie) and strap it to the left hand hold on the seat.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Two sided tape will fall off in hot weather.(it did to me out here)

I said I'll fix that!.
I used a piece of masking tape over the stock holes on the inside of the pocket,and rubbed my finger over the holes to make an impression in the tape for correct spacing.
I then found the right sized drill bit to drill new holes through the bracket.
I then leveled the tape with the holes and drill two new holes in the bracket right through the pocket.
I used needle nose pliers to pull the rubber teats through the bracket/pocket.

That took care of that.and it looks stock with no residue on the sides of the rubber holder.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I leave the longer cord attached and then take a clip off of a name tag and connect it to the cord and use the spring loaded portion of the clip and attach it to my CB antenna.

·
Registered
824 Posts
:agree: with Rocky! I did the same, just drilled new holes and reinstalled, looks like factory and is out of the way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts