Registered
4,019 Posts
Gee Toyo, how do you really feel?

lol

:lol:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Being a true blooded Baltimore Boy, they stand for Drunken Owners, Mayflower Vans, Midnight Departures, Idiot NFL Commissioners, and a host of other bad memories. I still have the 1966 autographed football that was given to me while I was in the hospital and it still says Baltimore on it. Yes, it's nice having the Ravens, but I miss our Colts.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Wheels said:
Being a true blooded Baltimore Boy, they stand for Drunken Owners, Mayflower Vans, Midnight Departures, Idiot NFL Commissioners, and a host of other bad memories. I still have the 1966 autographed football that was given to me while I was in the hospital and it still says Baltimore on it. Yes, it's nice having the Ravens, but I miss our Colts.
I seem to recall Cleveland losing their beloved Browns to another city a few years back...someplace in Maryland, as I recall.... :wink: :) :D 8)

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Remember, they all do it for the love of the game. SURE< RIGHT..Not a one of them is worth what they are paid.... :wink: :wink:

I live 70 miles from Indy and do I care who wins.. NO NO NO...I will probably watch the first quarter and then find something constructive to do. :wink: :wink:

Let's see if I can do it two years in row. Colts 21 Bears 18

Ross

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Ross, You do have a point. However the owners gotta take alot of blame for throwing the money at them. You would be suprised at how little these guys woyld play for. But why should they? The owners kiss there ass to get them signed if they are good.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Re: Football

As soon as you remember that it is now all about the MONEY, all the MONEY, and nothing but the MONEY, you will be able to sleep and night and not worry about it anymore.

Pro football is no longer about team and loyalty to fans and city. Most of the players celebrate the least little accomplishment with dancing and thumping of chests, prices are ridiculas, cities are held hostage by teams for bigger, newer multi million dollar stadiums, on and on.

I love football, but I understand that it is nothing like the old glory days when team meant something and loyalty to fans meant something, and not acting like a freaking moron when you score a touchdown and showing some class meant something.

I take it for what it is now..entertainment..sometimes good sometimes bad.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts

Defiant077 said:
I love football, but I understand that it is nothing like the old glory days when team meant something and loyalty to fans meant something, and not acting like a freaking moron when you score a touchdown and showing some class meant something.

I take it for what it is now..entertainment..sometimes good sometimes bad.
Amen!

Hey, I'm a Bengal's fan, and I would feel lucky if the whole team was able to stay out of jail for a year. :lol:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Gary in Indiana I seem to recall Cleveland losing their beloved Browns to another city a few years back...someplace in Maryland, as I recall....
Point well-taken Gary :wink: All the more reason why I switched to watching women’s synchronized swimming. :shock: I was just never the same after the Colts left.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
I am all for the COLTS... Manning will wear out the bears defense... and the COLTS will win.. besides the bears won't have their own referees in Miami.. :lol:

cosmic

·
Registered
394 Posts

iwing said:
Hey, I'm a Bengal's fan, and I would feel lucky if the whole team was able to stay out of jail for a year. :lol:
As a Dallas fan, I have to tell your team "Thank You" for becoming the league criminals and taking the title from my team. :wink:

·
Registered
624 Posts
We are a country of self-indulging whores. Those idiots on the field are just representative of our society in many ways. That's part of the reason a large part of the world's population holds us in such contempt.

Even ignorant peasants in backward third world countries realize that life is about more than just the accumulation of wealth. But, everything is in cycles. And, this too shall pass.

Now, I have to go and burn some fossil fuel in my luxurious Goldwing enjoying the bright sunshine and cool temps. :D

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
luckyman said:
We are a country of self-indulging whores. Those idiots on the field are just representative of our society in many ways. That's part of the reason a large part of the world's population holds us in such contempt.

Even ignorant peasants in backward third world countries realize that life is about more than just the accumulation of wealth. But, everything is in cycles. And, this too shall pass.

Now, I have to go and burn some fossil fuel in my luxurious Goldwing enjoying the bright sunshine and cool temps. :D
Idiots you say ? just how much do you think those "idiots" (athelets I call them) as you call them make in a year ? so who is really the idiot ?

cosmic

·
Registered
624 Posts
cosmic_chariot said:
luckyman said:

Idiots you say ? just how much do you think those "idiots" (athelets I call them) as you call them make in a year ? so who is really the idiot ?

cosmic
Thanks for proving my point. :D

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
luckyman said:
cosmic_chariot said:
luckyman said:

cosmic
Thanks for proving my point. :D
I always hate engaging in a battle of wits when my opponent comes totally unprepared ...

cosmic

·
Registered
624 Posts
Your statement suggests that a person who makes millions of dollars per year can not be an idiot.............or since I make somewhat less than that means that I am the idiot.

This proves my point that we in this nation equate quality of life or depth of character by how much money one makes or how many things one has accumulated.

In my opinion, a football player who is on a team which is losing 35-7 and runs half way down the field in a celebratory break dance after making a single tackle, then raises his arms to the crowd like he is some hero returning from war....................is an idiot. I don't care how much money he makes.

But, you may set your own standards for integrity...........and wit. :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts