GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this from a Honda dealer who is about 90 miles from me. I am just wondering what you guys think about this deal?

If anybody is interested in it go to haydenhonda.com

Services Included:

Safety Inspection
Replace Air Cleaner
Replace Spark Plugs
Change Oil & Filter*
Replace Final Drive Fluid
Inspect & Replace Coolant
Inspect Brake Pad Wear
Replace Brake & Clutch Fluid
Adjust Valve Clearance
Service Crankase Breather
Inspect & Adjust Steering Head Bearings
Inspect Evaporative Emission Control System

Save over $118!

$499.94
- Labor, Parts, & Tax -
ALL INCLUDED!

They are running this through Jan. 31, 07

My opinion only. It looks like a pretty good deal for someone who does exactly nothing to their bike except ride it. You are getting air filter, spark plugs, oil, oil filter, antifreeze, final drive fluid.

It does not work for me as the only thing they could do that I have not is check valve clearances. I am going to have my local dealer do it as soon as I can ride the Wing in to them.

I am in no way associated with this dealer other than I purchased a new Escapade trailer from them three years ago and I have been happy with their service on it. I cannot tell you anything about how thier service dept. handles Wing service.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I guess its not too bad for an inexperienced wrencher. I think my dealer around here is getting 275.00 just for the valve adjustment. Throw in the other stuff and yours is a pretty good deal. I would just make sure they use Genuine Honda Parts and do all the work they promise.

·
Registered
144 Posts
although I am a mech, I will have a honda shop do the valves, but I will check them before and after. So if a valve check/adjust is around $275 then changing filter, fluids, and plugs, for another $225 sounds ok to me .
but I have found that inspections or inspect, means very little, you were able to ride in, you should beable to ride out. except for brake inspections they allways find something wrong.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sounds great IF, and I do mean IF they really do all that work, If I have
anything done to my wing I like to observe them doing it!

·
Registered
408 Posts
If they are replacing the coolant, why to they need to inspect it? They don't mention "inspecting" the other fluids they are replacing (brake & clutch, final drive). I bet it is supposed to read "Inspect and replace (if necessary)".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts