GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....to clean the dull, flat black ‘plastic’ that is all over this bike? I especially dislike the rear fender area and I’m not too fond of the rear portion of the front fender either. Has anyone had any success making these pieces look good? It doesn’t seem to matter what I use, it never looks good. :frown2:

·
Registered
339 Posts
I use Meguiars spray Detailer after I wash it. Keeps it looking sharp.

Beagle

·
Registered
554 Posts
Soap and water...I haven't noticed anything abnormal. How do you make matt black look better?

Reactions: Kenichi

·
Registered
560 Posts
.....to clean the dull, flat black ‘plastic’ that is all over this bike? I especially dislike the rear fender area and I’m not too fond of the rear portion of the front fender either. Has anyone had any success making these pieces look good? It doesn’t seem to matter what I use, it never looks good. :frown2:
I use Lucas Slick Mist on all surfaces (Black & Brown) and shield each time I wipe the bike down.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have been using the Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish. It’s worked well for me so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,581 Posts
I use the Original Bike Spirits spray way/cleaner...used to be the Honda spray wax/cleaner....does a nice job on the black plastic

·
Love The DCT
12,024 Posts
Lately I've been using Maxima SC1. Does a nice job on the black plastic and puts a slippery high gloss shine on the painted parts.

:doorag:

·
15 year Member
6,899 Posts
Hey Rick,

Griots, a cars lovers website sells different products that come in a variety of “sheens” depending on what look you want to achieve... they are all treatments and YOU can choose the “sheenieness”

Glad to see you still alive and kickin!!

Mattbcnv

Reactions: RRIXX

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Rick,

Griots, a cars lovers website sells different products that come in a variety of “sheens” depending on what look you want to achieve... they are all treatments and YOU can choose the “sheenieness”

Glad to see you still alive and kickin!!

Mattbcnv
Hey Matt, thanks for the tip. Is sheenieness a word :grin2:

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
"Almost" every time it rains all day, you can find me in my garage, waxing my "Blacky".............If you come to visit, either knock hard, or enter via the side door I won't be able to hear you, Because I'll have my headphones on, with Led Zeppelin blasting in my ears.......Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa life is good!!!

Ronnie

Happiness is a clean "shiney" motorcycle :biker::capwin:

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
I understand it won’t shine but it seems to have so many additional marks on it I just can’t seem to clean off.
all above , and i may add any good quality high gloss tire shine. there are many around 8 bucks spray on self clean type will leave a super high gloss. I would wash first, dry then apply self clean spray. or go to a commercial auto detail shop { 3m} and get a straight silicon spray { you buy a gallon and put it in a spray bottle} that will shine for sure

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would like to thank everyone that gave me suggestions, other than the pig spit, that will never happen :) I would like to buy all the products you suggest but obviously I cannot. I did go out and buy some "Back to Black' plastic restorer and it works great.

Thanks again for your help.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts