GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No matter what bike I have owned, there have always been a few things that I keep with me all the time, just in case. With the Goldwing, its easy to let this list of things expand as the storage space is so extensive (I have a 2016 ABS model). But in truth, I find that most of what seems like essential things to carry have never, ever been used, and others have hardly ever been needed. So sometimes I think about leaving much of this stuff behind, but then I say to myself, why bother? Even with all of my normal stuff, I still have enough storage room for putting my helmet and jacket and gloves under lock and key when stopped for a meal or other reason. My normal list of items includes: rain suit, small tool bag, first aid kit, flat tire kit, some printed maps, 1 pair summer extra gloves, one pair winter extra gloves, a plastic bag with a wet micro fiber cloth for cleaning the windscreen and a dry one for drying it off, baseball cap, a bag of little items such as ear plugs, tire pressure gauge, Tylenol, a few band aids, pack of tissues, small flashlight, multi tool, small knife. What do you keep with you on the bike all the time?

·
Registered
666 Posts
(4) 2032s for the FOBOs.
(1) Infra-Red temperature gauge.

Unfortunately, I think I'm OCD

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Spare key
Compressor & gauge
First aid kit
Battery jumper
Second pairs of gloves and glasses
Batteries for the tpms sensors

Sounds like a lot but the room this junk takes up is minimal.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Compressor
Tire patch kit
Tool kit
Leatherman
Bungees
Spare glasses
Rain gear
First Aid kit
Flashlight
Notepad/pen
Spare key

Last, but not least: Gold Book :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Rode Harleys for years and on long trips a tool kit was a must. Carried a tire repair kit also but never used it.

My F6B and now 2018 have both proven very reliable. Now that I have a 2018 DCT all I really carry is a tire pressure gauge.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Vito, You had a pretty good list but what about a set of "Motorcycle jumper cables"....????? Oh, I know, batteries never fail....!!!

I have a document that lists every "add-on" electrical accessory and its wiring configuration. Very helpful if troubleshooting an electrical issue (especially on the road).

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
Compressor
Tire patch kit
Tool kit
Leatherman
Bungees
Spare glasses
Rain gear
First Aid kit
Flashlight
Notepad/pen
Spare key

Carry everything that the above rider carries except for the Gold Book. Also carry windshield cleaner & cleaning cloth

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
The left saddle bag carries the tool kit, my rain gear, cool vest, a MC jersey, 2 spare pair of gloves, and my jacket liner when I'm not wearing it. This is duplicated in the right side with Leslies gear plus a first aid kit and her scarf, minus the tools. In addition, I carry a survival kit in a sealed storage box, which contains a fire starter, candle lantern, propane stove, knife, compass, a signal mirror, water purification straw, 5/50 para cord, and two space blankets. The trunk is easy, holding a GWRRA Gold book, owners manual, a can of Pledge, some micro fiber cloths, and a trunk organizer with aspirin, Tums, pens, and a travel log.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Compressor
Tire patch kit
Tool kit
Leatherman
Bungees
Spare glasses
Rain gear
First Aid kit
Flashlight
Notepad/pen
Spare key

everything he has ( minus the gold book) PLUS, Lithium battery pack, lots of paper maps, zip ties, phone for music, microfiber towels with small spray plastic cleaner/polish to clean shields,
and just enough rope to hang myself! :eek:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
No matter what bike I have owned, there have always been a few things that I keep with me all the time, just in case. With the Goldwing, its easy to let this list of things expand as the storage space is so extensive (I have a 2016 ABS model). But in truth, I find that most of what seems like essential things to carry have never, ever been used, and others have hardly ever been needed. So sometimes I think about leaving much of this stuff behind, but then I say to myself, why bother? Even with all of my normal stuff, I still have enough storage room for putting my helmet and jacket and gloves under lock and key when stopped for a meal or other reason. My normal list of items includes: rain suit, small tool bag, first aid kit, flat tire kit, some printed maps, 1 pair summer extra gloves, one pair winter extra gloves, a plastic bag with a wet micro fiber cloth for cleaning the windscreen and a dry one for drying it off, baseball cap, a bag of little items such as ear plugs, tire pressure gauge, Tylenol, a few band aids, pack of tissues, small flashlight, multi tool, small knife. What do you keep with you on the bike all the time?
I always start out with the essentials whether on my bike or truck. My wallet, My phone, My gun.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
I always start out with the essentials whether on my bike or truck. My wallet, My phone, My gun.
I omitted all three because they're not on my bike, they're attached to me, always. ;)

·
Registered
162 Posts
A tip I got from an 80 year old guy with 200k on his Wing - duct tape! Actually have used it once, though for a friend, not me.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts