GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
This thread is a sad commentary on Goldwing owners.
My other bike is Italian. The only item I always need to carry when riding that bike is a condom.

·
Registered
19 Posts
A rare item to need, granted, but it could save the day: a Shrader valve stem tightener/remover tool, in case that stem loosens a little and air is escaping.

·
Registered
828 Posts
The one thing I try to always carry with me on any bike on any ride is my WHITS! If I keep my whits with me, I can sometimes make a bad situation not so bad (like in an close call situation) and I can work with whatever else I have with me to maybe get me rolling again if it's not a close call situation.

·
Registered
7,604 Posts
A rare item to need, granted, but it could save the day: a Shrader valve stem tightener/remover tool, in case that stem loosens a little and air is escaping.
I had that happen to me but luckily I was in my garage checking tire pressure when I noticed the air escaping and I had the tool in my tool box. After tightening the valve core I put the tool in the bike.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Glock 32

·
Registered
413 Posts
Rain gear, tire pressure gauge, 2 types of gloves, towel, microfiber towel, liner and shell for the TourMaster, garage opener, some ArmorAll individual wipes, and my I=Pod.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Must haves? 2 Battlefield Tourniquets, 1 in the first aid kit, 1 in my jacket. If you really need it, nothing else really matters.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Rain suit Honda tool kit that came with the bike and Sig P938

·
Registered
232 Posts
I saw a TV ad where an insurance agent magically appeared when you had a problem so I thought I would grab one and stuff in the saddle bag however, the agent would not fit due to the mechanic in there being a bit overweight.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Living near the Rockies, you NEVER forget to throw your heated jacket in your saddlebag! Weather can change sooooo fast in the mountains!

·
Registered
897 Posts
No matter what bike I have owned, there have always been a few things that I keep with me all the time, just in case. With the Goldwing, its easy to let this list of things expand as the storage space is so extensive (I have a 2016 ABS model). But in truth, I find that most of what seems like essential things to carry have never, ever been used, and others have hardly ever been needed. So sometimes I think about leaving much of this stuff behind, but then I say to myself, why bother? Even with all of my normal stuff, I still have enough storage room for putting my helmet and jacket and gloves under lock and key when stopped for a meal or other reason. My normal list of items includes: rain suit, small tool bag, first aid kit, flat tire kit, some printed maps, 1 pair summer extra gloves, one pair winter extra gloves, a plastic bag with a wet micro fiber cloth for cleaning the windscreen and a dry one for drying it off, baseball cap, a bag of little items such as ear plugs, tire pressure gauge, Tylenol, a few band aids, pack of tissues, small flashlight, multi tool, small knife. What do you keep with you on the bike all the time?
Flashlight, hat, summer gloves, clean rags, a few key tools, garage door opener, owners’ manual, Scala manual and windshield cleaner/polish.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts