·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: cycledude

·
Administrator
4,581 Posts
Poor man's GoPro. Some of us don't have an unlimited supply of money like (I won't mention any names), :grin2: Like the guy that I took my last trip with. :wink2:>:)

AKASO EK7000 Pro 4K Action Camera with Touch Screen EIS Adjustable View Angle 40m Waterproof Camera Remote Control Sports Camera

https://www.amazon.com/AKASO-Adjustable-Waterproof-Control-Accessories/dp/B07JR1XZ78?ref_=ast_slp_dp
said the guy who just bought a new turbo-charged truck, had the bed color-matched with a Rino liner and tonneau cover, new trailer (not that Lowes' crap), new Toyota Prisis, the list goes on & on. And you're going el-cheapo' on a $200 camera? :grin2:

·
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
said the guy who just bought a new turbo-charged truck, had the bed color-matched with a Rino liner and tonneau cover, new trailer (not that Lowes' crap), new Toyota Prisis, the list goes on & on. And you're going el-cheapo' on a $200 camera? :grin2:
LOL You've got it wrong. It was a super liner that was color matched. I hadn't had a new vehicle since 1995. I use to buy a new Buick every 4 or 5 years. But they usually had around 200K miles on them when I got rid of them. As far as the Mrs Prius it is a 2014 and she takes so good of care of it, it looks like new.

:grin2::wink2:

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I bought a knock off from amazon 2 years ago. DB Power 5000 or something like that. Came with all the accessories including the waterproof case. I bought several 32 gig micro SD cards and a suction cup mount.

It is outstanding. Full 1080 HD or can be set for lower quality. At full 1080, a 32 gig memory card lasts about 2 hours. Longer recording time as you lower picture quality.

Camera package was like $59, and the suction mount was $5 at west marine.

Not sure about the one you linked but most of the knock offs are good unless you’re doing serious high end video.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
If you buy one of these, buy a couple of extra batteries and at least 2 or 3 32 gig micro SD cards. The cards are relatively cheap on amazon as are the batteries.

Only problem on the road is off-loading the video each night. I take my net book which takes little space in the trailer. For trips w/o a trailer, I use the cards.

I think I mis-spoke before on the capacity of the cards. At 1080, the cards hold about 7-8 hours of video. The batteries only last 1.5 to 2 hours. On our last 8 day trip to the smokys in June, I took 4 or 5 micro SD cards and off loaded them when we got home. I didn’t run video every day, only in the “good” areas.

·
Administrator
4,581 Posts
I was just playing with the go pro this evening, granddaughters' 14th b'day. Had a 64gig sd card in. If I was reading it right, had 4hrs of recording time @ 1080, 60 fps. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
The one I have can only use 32 gig or less memory cards.

Not sure what the fps rate is on mine but it will definitely run 6 hours before filling up the card.

Changing batteries is not hard, but on mine every time you do, the date/time resets to a default setting. I always forget (or don’t want to waste time) resetting it, so my videos usually all show the same date stamp. :shrug:

·
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered the AKASO EK7000 Pro through Amazon yesterday about 10:30 AM and it came in the mail today. I didn't pay anything for shipping either.
I got a double pack of SanDisk micro Ultra 64GB cards too.

Reactions: Wahoo

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Boomer, let us know how the 64 gig cards work out.

Next summer I may try using a 64 gig card in mine even though it says not to. If it doesn't work I can always use the card in one of my digital cameras with the adapter.

·
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Boomer, let us know how the 64 gig cards work out.

Next summer I may try using a 64 gig card in mine even though it says not to. If it doesn't work I can always use the card in one of my digital cameras with the adapter.
In the revues that they recommended the 64 gig. After I ordered it I saw one revue that said they were using a 128 gig. I'll need some time to get use to it. I have only recorded one short video and it did OK.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Don"t Make Me!!

Some of us don't have an unlimited supply of money like (I won't mention any names), Like the guy that I took my last trip with.

said the guy who just bought a new turbo-charged truck, had the bed color-matched with a Rino liner and tonneau cover, new trailer (not that Lowes' crap), new Toyota Prisis, the list goes on & on. And you're going el-cheapo' on a $200 camera?

Ok Ok guys.......If you keep this up us guys we will have to get the moderator involved and have him knock some knots on a couple of heads! Oh wait, who is the moderator around here?!!!

·
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bought the same camera and it is a much better camera than my GoPro.
I paid about $110 for it.
I think they are getting ready to do away with the EK7000 Pro. Just guess though. They have a limit time sale of $59.99. And I did order it on a Sunday and got it in Monday's mail. Next day delivery it's hard to beat that. Besides it was shipped from Amazon about 100 miles from here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts