GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19,260 Posts
Does anyone know what the small "i" is to the right of the digital clock? Only seems to come on when switching from accessory mode to run mode and only for 1 second. Can't find any info in the manual or the shop manual.....

The grey 'circle with an i' symbol indicates your connection is not secure. ... The lowercase i with a circle around it is formally known as the Information Symbol. It tells you when your connection to a website is not secure.

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
The grey 'circle with an i' symbol indicates your connection is not secure. ... The lowercase i with a circle around it is formally known as the Information Symbol. It tells you when your connection to a website is not secure.
What do you know..I learned something today.:grin2:Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Very interesting tid bit-now I'm in the know!

Reactions: Hoopdc

·
Registered
16,984 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
i assumed bluetooth. ive only seen it come on with carplay, but i may have missed it.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Does anyone know what the small "i" is to the right of the digital clock? Only seems to come on when switching from accessory mode to run mode and only for 1 second. Can't find any info in the manual or the shop manual.....
I asked Google: What does a circle with an i inside mean?

The grey 'circle with an i' symbol indicates your connection is not secure. ... The lowercase i with a circle around it is formally known as the Information Symbol. It tells you when your connection to a website is not secure. When you connect to a website your browser uses the HTTP protocol or the HTTPS protocol.

·
Premium Member
3,298 Posts
I asked Google: What does a circle with an i inside mean?

The grey 'circle with an i' symbol indicates your connection is not secure. ... The lowercase i with a circle around it is formally known as the Information Symbol. It tells you when your connection to a website is not secure. When you connect to a website your browser uses the HTTP protocol or the HTTPS protocol.
Interesting. When there's a symbol I don't know the meaning of, it makes ME insecure. (And I have a symbol for that.)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I just noticed it today; I never paid any attention to it. Can't wait for someone to solve this mystery.

Reactions: INTHEWIND

·
Registered
39 Posts
I doubt it has something to do with UNSECURE connection. In my Lexus SUV, it means:

Displays drive information such as the following:
● Drive information 1
• Current fuel consumption
• Average fuel economy (after reset)
● Drive information 2
• Distance (driving range)
• Average vehicle speed (after reset)
● Drive information 3
• Average fuel economy (after refuel)
• Elapsed time (after start)

It is just telling you that you have available Info not visible on the screen and that you can select from your menu. I have no GPS in my car, so also nothing to do with GPS. It does the same thing in my car. Appears at start then disappear to show my selected menu (battery, range, etc). There are over 25 sub-routines and no display can show all of them at once. Hence the menu select.

·
Registered
422 Posts
A warning light that inform about a message is waiting on another page of a multi-page screen.

BTW that warning light doesn't show up at all on my bike.

Attachments

Reactions: gkarasik

·
Premium Member
3,298 Posts
A warning light that inform about a message is waiting on another page of a multi-page screen.

Thank you, CarpeDIem. That feels like the right answer, just intuitively.

That warning is not much help if it doesn't tell you where among the 13,000--okay, I'm exaggerating, but it does feel that way--available screens to find the information you're being alerted to. Are we supposed to go through every possible screen hoping to find it?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts

What page of the Honda Goldwing manual is this from?

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
Pic shows Caplay Icon on screen, so presumably an iphone is connected.

Does it always come up before Carplay is selected?
Does it go away when CarPlay is selected?

Does/can Carplay have more than one screen?

Could it be a message from Carplay that an app wants to pass info/message either from main screen or another?

Perhaps a message that carplay can or can't run because of headset/microphone connection?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Pic shows Caplay Icon on screen, so presumably an iphone is connected.

Does it always come up before Carplay is selected?
Does it go away when CarPlay is selected?

Does/can Carplay have more than one screen?

Could it be a message from Carplay that an app wants to pass info/message either from main screen or another?

Perhaps a message that carplay can or can't run because of headset/microphone connection?
When I switched from ACC to On, I did not have anything connected. The symbol appeared for about second and went away.

·
Registered
387 Posts
That same symbol shows on my phone when I text and it has not completed it's delivery for reasons like receiving phone is turned off or in airplane mode, etc. So maybe that symbol shows for a second waiting for the bike to actually make the change you are requesting. I know electricity travels at the speed of light but the mechanical end of that button does not.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts