GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Last time I saw it was at Applecade. Then I heard it was headed to Europe somewhere.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Went to Hollywood and starred in Gnomeo and Juliet and has now conveniently forgotten his roots.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought I would get some sensible answers but I realize now that would be asking too much on this board.

My fault for coming back for more abuse. :wrong:
This board has really changed for the worse over the last 18 months. Too bad becase it used to be a great family of guys sharing information.

I hope Lamont can get it cleaned up once and for all. He has his work ahead of him.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I thought I would get some sensible answers but I realize now that would be asking too much on this board.

This board has really changed for the worse over the last 18 months. Too bad becase it used to be a great family of guys sharing information.

I hope Lamont can get it cleaned up once and for all. He has his work ahead of him.
A motorcycle board has no room for humor. All post should either be technical or bragging related. Now that would be a happy place to be.:roll:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

Your kidding......right :shrug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B65mtE2TN1w

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Steven, first off, hope all is well with you and your lovely wife. If you are still reading this, this is what happned to the poor Gnome(s) They went through some hard times. The General Board is where it was being tracked by Soloquest, who started both of them. Yep, there were two. The first was basically handed off to someone who reported that is was broken I beleive. I think there was some more to that, but without searching the posts, that's the best I can recall. Then there was a second who did become a world traveler going overseas and I beleive being left (kept) by someone in New Zealand, I think. There were some follow ups to try and get it back, but never happened. That's what I recall about the poor little guy(s).

Hope you are enjoying some good rides and that our paths cross sometime soon. All the best.:thumbup:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Steven, first off, hope all is well with you and your lovely wife. If you are still reading this, this is what happned to the poor Gnome(s) They went through some hard times. The General Board is where it was being tracked by Soloquest, who started both of them. Yep, there were two. The first was basically handed off to someone who reported that is was broken I beleive. I think there was some more to that, but without searching the posts, that's the best I can recall. Then there was a second who did become a world traveler going overseas and I beleive being left (kept) by someone in New Zealand, I think. There were some follow ups to try and get it back, but never happened. That's what I recall about the poor little guy(s).

Hope you are enjoying some good rides and that our paths cross sometime soon. All the best.:thumbup:

Thanks Jim. I had no idea it was being tracked on the General Board. I was just curious as to what had transpired. It was a fun thing to see this gnome going from place to place like tracking a dollar bill. Hope you and Nancy are well. Frank and Sue stopped by here in NH with his new "Stang". It was great seeing them as it has been a very long time since we were all together. Maria is still struggling with her back but getting better each day from the February surgery. We kept the trike, but have not used it much. Depressing. We have only done about 500 miles this summer. Stay well.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Well I was think about the gnome the other day too one of the guys from workwas asking about it Floyd has been sending e-mail to the kid who has it I think someone shold go vist the kid and get it back. Here is the gnome web site.
http://www.floydweb.com/gnome/index.html

I will send Floyd a pm too

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
(Gnome update to follow)
I wouldn't have known this thread was up if Honda John didn't email me... I guess I don't spend too much time on the board any more, but it's nice to visit once and a while, especially for REAL Goldwing facts and info when you need them. (and to see what my ol' Goldwing peeps are up to!)

I'm still riding my butt off, though! Just got back last night from 9 days up in Canada. Great trip! Been deep up into Maine in July, and did West Virginia in the spring. I don't know what's next, but I can't wait. Coming up on 79K miles on my wing. Might be time to start planning some winter maintenance projects.

So... I think the Gnome is lost in oblivion. Below is a string of emails I have exchanged with his last keeper, who seems to be a young kid named Roberto in Bali. You'll have to read it from the bottom up for the correct chronological order The Gnome was dropped off to him by a German couple on their travels. Roberto says that the Gnome was finally passed on to "clients from Europe", but I get the feeling that he just likes and wants to keep the Gnome. I will write him back just for the heck of it.

Here's his email address... maybe other board members can inquire and show their concern and interest. I'm sure Roberto would find it exciting to all of the sudden be contacted from so many people about the Gnome.
[email protected]

It was fun and interesting while it lasted. I purposely made the "instruction and identification" tag on the Gnome as durable as I could so that anyone in possession of it could read the directions on what to do and where to send pictures. If that tag got removed... then the Gnome is a free agent!

Here's the email exchange between Roberto and I:
(Start at bottom)

==============

hello floyd

hi floyd

he....i gave him already to my clients from Europe,,so he has
traveling already.he is not with me any more....

thanks..............

roberto

2010/10/27 Floyd <[email protected]>:
Hello Roberto,

I just wanted to say hello and check up on you and the Gnome. Is he still
with you?

Thanks!

Floyd

On Jul 16, 2010, at 5:10 AM, hubertus jehaman wrote:

hi Floyd

hello how are you??
well today i would like to inform you that i have taken pictures with
garden gnome but i can not sen it to you now because the pictures
still in my clients,they come from Holland Amsterdam and they have a
good trip with me during 2 days 1 nights to komodo island,,well today
they dis-spear with me and because they are such a kind of people
that i want then i give them garden gnome.again i say they are really
like the garden gnome. well i don not promise when i will send
them,,but i will let you know when i will have them.

cheers

roberto
2010/7/12 Floyd <[email protected]>:

Roberto,

Thank you for the reply! I hope that you will give the Gnome to some nice
people soon so that he may continue his travels and so that the new
people
can send me pictures of his travels for his web site. Have you seen his
web
site? If not, here it is.

Please keep me posted and let me know what happens to the Gnome.
Thanks Roberto!

cheers,

Floyd

On Jul 8, 2010, at 5:50 AM, hubertus jehaman wrote:

hi

well do not wondering please.gnome still with me and i still looking
such a good people to have him,any way i will let you know if i will
have give gnome to another tourist.should be a good people isn,t it??

roberto

2010/7/4 Floyd <[email protected]>:

Hello Roberto,

Floyd here from the United States. I was wondering if you still have
the
Gnome? I would like to see him traveling again. Please let me know if
you
get this.

Thank you!

cheers,

Floyd

On Dec 1, 2009, at 7:12 AM, hubertus jehaman wrote:

hello floyd
its sounds great to hear about you,that was a man who started this
gnome,well any way gnome still stay with me,i had still look after
him,,,and i wish do not worry about garden gnome,.and now garden gnome
still at my room he always bring such lucky thing for me,, i meant
that about his smile to everybody,who come to visit me in my room
because i do not have house so i just live such like small room,,and i
put my friend garden gnomes just right at the corner of my room,,,that
was make my room become a small really house but it was just small
room n my friend garden gnome.and i sorry for a moment i still can
not give you my picture with garden gnome because so far i still
couldn,t find a good place and a good person,so i shall never send the
pictures of mine to your email,,even with stefen and sabine who was a
first good friend and a good person of mine,,and was the peron who
gave me garden gnomes,,and someday wish that i can find the good
people such like they were,,then i can send the picture to you and
stefan and sabine.again i would like ta say please,,, do not worry
about him i;ll take care of him,,and do not forget trusted me at
all,,like you,d did already with the person who use to take care of
him <GARDEN GNOME>before.

have a nice time
see you on next email.
cheers
roberto .

2009/11/19 Floyd <[email protected]>:

Hello Roberto,

I got your email address from Sabine and Stefan, who wrote me to tell
me
that they gave you the Gnome. I am the person who "started" this
Gnome
on
his journey, and I would love to hear form you about his travels.
Please
send me pictures if you can to my email address [email protected] ,
and
you
can see the Gnome (and yourself) on his web site at:

I hope to visit your part of the world some day! The Gnome is very
lucky!
Please take care of him and pass him on to someone trust worthy.

Have fun!

cheers!

Floyd

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi All,

Just to let you know he is NOT with me in New Zealand. He left my grubby paws aboout 3 years ago while I was still living in South Africa. He had a good time with Janet and I while we where riding at RG 2008 and through New Mexico, Phoenix and with us by plane to South Africa. I handed him to Joe in South Africa and I know from there he traveled to Germany and from there I have lost track of the little guy. I sure wish he would pop back up again and share some of his travels and where he is and what he has been up to. I would hate it if anything bad has become of him.

It was a pleasure showing the Gnome some of my world back in South Africa. Maybe he should now get his way to New Zealand as we would love to have a reunion and show him our "new world" here in NZ.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...0099110359517.297895.684144516&type=1&theater

1 - 11 of 11 Posts