GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What gives you the right if you wear a vest that say Goldwing on it with GWRsomething something to lay your hands on my bike?

I almost decked two of these idiots today but refrained from doing so...

One guy opened up the pockets on the bike and pushed my cig lighter in then pulled it out and looked at it... I walked up to him and asked him if I could help him... he just looked at me and said no thanks just looking. So I told him to get the F away from my bike, I thought he pissed himself.

My buddy took pictures so I have their numbers, I will hunt them down if there are any scratches on my bike.

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
Not sure why this is GWRsomething related...there are dickheads everywhere...

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I take it your joking...

Actually met 2 nice couples both on Wings, pointed one couple to this site, they did not know that there was a site. The other couple each rides a wing and the lil old lady was wondering about the seat height so I had her sit on the 2012, she must have been in her 60's maybe 5'7" and she weighed 90 pounds wet, she stood it right up with no problem.

Great people

·
Registered
559 Posts
In some states that could be considered a crime - to open an enclosure on a motor vehicle.

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure why this is GWRsomething related...there are dickheads everywhere...

Well they had vests on and all you could see was GWthis and GWthat, chapter this and captain that...

I just figured if they were GW die hearts then they would know better.

I want a badge too so I can go mess with peoples Wings

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Well they had vests on and all you could see was GWthis and GWthat, chapter this and captain that...

I just figured if they were GW die hearts then they would know better.

I want a badge too so I can go mess with peoples Wings
Consider your self lucky that they didn't drip soft serve ice cream all
over your ride.:eek:4:

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Consider your self lucky that they didn't drip soft serve ice cream all
over your ride.:eek:4:
That is so funny, they had freaking huge ice cream cones and they were talking and slurping at the same time. At least they kept it away from my ride...

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, I guess asking to ride it would be out of the question:shrug:
As long as I have a set of keys to your bike in my hand and you know the saying "you drop it you own it"

·
Registered
457 Posts
WTF where did this occur? Didn't know people had the nads to do something like that. Hell only politicians have the balls to go into your pockets like that!!

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Well, head, now you will never get one of them handsome vests, and you also blew your shot at couple of the year as well.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
WTF where did this occur? Didn't know people had the nads to do something like that. Hell only politicians have the balls to go into your pockets like that!!
HA! Good one.

I agree with head and would have done the same thing... the only difference is I'd have been the one in the vest or wearing the decorated jacket. I don't care if friends do that but people I don't know? Not cool. :no:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Good job. What a maroon!

·
Registered
100 Posts
A couple of years ago while on a trip I made a stop and left the keys in the bike, a guy just walked up to my bike and turned it on, I started coming back very quickly and he turned the switch back off. I ask what did he think he was doing? Oh I just wanted to see how many miles you had on it. WTF! He left!

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
People are always curious on new models and don't always think right
Help them out and ask them nicely to get the hell off your bike

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
If someone wants to check out a new bike - that is what DEALERSHIPS are for!

They expect you to climb on the bike, open the saddlebags and trunk, and the side pockets.

You don't do that to someone's personal property though without permission! :evil:

·
Registered
307 Posts
I think you handled that situation with all the finess that was required. Yesterday I rode a charity run and there was over 200 bikes of all types. Yes I walked around and looked, seen some nicely painted old Wings. Did I touch them??? Heck no! Came back to the Wing and there was a couple of fellas looking at mine. They stayed a step away from it. They were full of questions and I could tell the one was just droolin. I offered him a sit on it and he couldnt bring himself to touch something he couldnt afford. Nice folks.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts