GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently bought my first gps. a garmin c330. after having a little while
i realize some features i would like to have that it doesnt have. this is were i need some help. :?
i would like the following. i would like to be able to plan my route road by road, either on the unit or on my computer.
i like the idea of xm radio and the mp3 player. from what i read i think the garmin 2730 is the answer. but in everything i read i cant seem to address the route planning issue and any salesman i talk to seems to have similar prouct knowledge as my dog. :) also is there one that records a random route you have driven?

thanks in advance for your help.

john wodarski

gl1800a
nrx1800da

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I personally bought an Iway 500C. It does everything that I need and has performed flawlessly. Awhile back someone posted a great site for GPS. You might want to visit www.gpspassion.com and do some research, or ask a few questions. It's loaded with helpful hints and lots of smart people. The Garmins put me into info overload(easily done!) so I just use the Iway.
Good luck

·
Registered
2,552 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
john wodarski said:
i recently bought my first gps. a garmin c330. after having a little while
i realize some features i would like to have that it doesnt have. this is were i need some help. :?
i would like the following. i would like to be able to plan my route road by road, either on the unit or on my computer.
i like the idea of xm radio and the mp3 player. from what i read i think the garmin 2730 is the answer. but in everything i read i cant seem to address the route planning issue and any salesman i talk to seems to have similar prouct knowledge as my dog. :) also is there one that records a random route you have driven?

thanks in advance for your help.

john wodarski

gl1800a
nrx1800da
You can route plan on the GPS and PC with the 2730. You can also record the "random route that you have driven" as a track plot back to your PC (the 2730 records 2000 track points).

It also has a builtin XM radio, which you have to subscribe to. It also has a a builtin MP3 player.

If the XM and MP3 players do not interest you, the 2610 is still an outstanding buy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts