GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new GPS unit. What units do you like and which to stay away from. I have a Lowrance Iway 600C but it's just to big for the Wing.

Thanks

·
Registered
624 Posts
Gps

I have a Garmin Streetpilot 7200 mounted on the left handlebar. I believe it is larger than your Iway 600C, and I really like it. I use it on the Goldwing and in my Silverado. It is not waterproof, so I carry a ziplock bag raincoat in the left pocket to protect the 7200 during rain.

The Garmin Zumo line is used by a lot of riders, along with other Garmin models.

The choice is yours. Enjoy and God Bless.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I use a handheld Garmin 60CSx on my bikes and other vehicles. I have the latest version of Garmin Street Atlas North America. The screen is easy to view when the unit is mounted on the handlebars. It is powered from the bike's 12 volt system when riding and batteries when in the woods or geocaching. We do a lot of geocaching and the GPS is well suited for that purpose.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Garmin 2710 , older model BUT rebuild by Garmin , water proof , $97.00 and a seven (7) year total warrenty on them . Put one in the car too. New maps for life every 6 months for an $59.99 .

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Garmin GPS478 Chart Plotter (no longer built) but looking for the next one to replace it. It's great and creates a log of speed, position, elevation, time etc... Any recommendations appreciated. Must be able to connect with computer and dump log file.

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
Garmin Zumo 550. Bluetooth/Weather/GPS/XM/MP3/Waterproof/Designed for a motorcycle- all rolled into one.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Garmin 550

I agree. Fantastic GPS. Very accurate and easy to use. Can load 1,000 songs on the MP3 card. XM radio when you install the antenna. I bluetooth my phone. Then, can receive telephone calls and make calls while I am driving through the helmet headset/ mic. Designed for motorcycles by people who ride motorcycles.

DOC:agree:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Zumo 665 with Weather using JONS Dash Mount

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
550 Zumo. There is a newer version now with larger screen.

prs

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
My built in Nav unit! By the time I get it programmed with all the vias needed to have the route I want, I have memorized the route and don't need the darn thing at all for the trip:eek:4:

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have the OEM Honda GPS on the 2010 but came across a deal I couldn't pass up last week which was the TomTom Rider 2 that a guy was selling for $100.00 with the mount, wiring, case, and Bluetooth headset all in perfect condition. Used it for a ride Saturday and it functioned very well. My only complaint really is that it is difficult to see in direct sunlight.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Are you interested in what do I use or what would I use? Not caring for what's on the bike, I borrow the kid's 550 Zumo for those (very few) trips where I need a GPS unit. That's what I would recommend.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
My Garmin 2720 is great.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I'm not gonna be much help...

I have a Garmin Quest2, which is no longet made. Waterproof, small, battery lasts 10 hours, works with Mapsource, and best of all, when the sun's shining on the screen, it reflects and actually shows the screen better. No music storage, no Bluetooth or audio hookup for voice turn by turn, but for me, simple is good and it works flawlessly. I'm probably the only one on the forum with one.

They still sell them and still do map upgrades for them. I've had it on my bikes since '07. Love it!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I need a new GPS unit. What units do you like and which to stay away from. I have a Lowrance Iway 600C but it's just to big for the Wing.

Thanks

I've used a Garmin 765T model for several years, its inexpensive portable between car and bike.

Tim

·
Registered
967 Posts
Garmin Zumo 660

1 - 20 of 69 Posts