GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a GPS system that is waterproof and that I can upload to from Microsoft Streets and Trips. I'd also like to hear the voice prompts on the Intercom. Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
439 Posts
Well I don't thnk any are waterproof . Water resistent is more like it from what I've read . I use the garmin 2610. It comes with its own software don't no if it would work with yours or not . One way to get it working with the intercom is the Kennedy single set . Their are several different ones people on the board use and like . a search and some research on this one is what you need . Their are lots of options now that the 2610 doesn't have . good luck

·
Registered
203 Posts
Bob I have a Garmin 196. It has Land, Marine, And Aviation mode. It is suppose to be waterproof to withstand immersion in 1 meter of water for 30 minutes. Hope this helps Richard

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Most of the 'common' motorcycle-friendly GPS units are rated to the same water-protection level: IPx7 which rates them for immersion in up to one meter of water for up to 30 minutes.

Most of these 'common' units can also support importing trip information from MS S&T but you'll need to use a 3rd-party conversion utility program.

That leaves your choice down to what other features do you need? Battery operation, etc.

You can review some of the options and pricing (including mounts & connectivity to the bike's audio system) with Rick's spreadsheet (assuming you can view an Excel file) http://www.rickandjanis.com/gps.htm

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

Hey Bob,
Ya slacker call me, we'll get together and I'll show ya my iWay 500c. :wink: I like it best for the big screen and the software compatibilities. :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts