GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yep this is one of those what have you added to you 18+ Gold Wing. I always miss something. I try and keep the bike looking stock. Let me say I add no chrome, but here goes:

Honda OEM Trunk Rack
Honda OEM LED Spoiler Light
Honda OEM Upper wings(don't like lower ones)
Honda OEM Trunk light
Honda OEM Trunk Organizer
Honda OEM Trunk & Saddle Bags
Honda Tour Trunk Light Harness
Grip Puppies
Lidlox Grip End Helmet Locks (2)
Rivco Fog Lights
Rivco Aero Pegs
Rivco Trailer Hitch
Rivco Trailer Harness
EC Case Cover
EC Tour Running-Stop Light Harness
EC Modulating Headlight Harness
Goldsrike LED License Light
OEM Battery Tender Cable
WingSoft Seat Modification
Pacit Rak (for 1-3 day trips)
Road Dog Trailer Used (for 4+ day trips)
Various RAM mounts
3M Film (lights, dash)

What would I like? RDL Seat, F4 Recurve Standard Shield & Full Traxion

·
Registered
75 Posts
I use a spreadsheet when adding accessories to keep track of what I add and how much I spend.

$2900 for the Gold Wing (so far).

Here is the list:

Pathfinder foglight kit
Honda Homelink
Honda Trunk Organizer
Trunk and saddlebag carpet set
Honda oil filter
Show Chrome body rivets 10 pack
Show Chrome magnetic oil drain bolt
TecMate SAE socket for Battery Tender
Goldstrike tie down brackets
Honda Tour Chrome Trunk Rack
Honda High Mount Brake Light
Honda Tour Trunk Sub Harness
Honda Tour Trunk Light
HeliBars Duo Handlebar Risers
Rivco Sidestand Pad
Assortment of extra Honda screws and grommets
Show Chrome quick detach backrest
Traxxion Trunk Quick Removal Kit
Traxxion Steering Lock Pin
Honda Trunk Removal Kit
Honda Trunk Removal Color Kit
Honda USB Cord
Honda Smart Key Fob Assembly
Honda SCS Service Connector
Honda Smart Fob Mini Key Blank
Electrical Connections LED Entry Light Kit
Show Chrome Rear Fender Fillers
Hopnel Tank Glove Pouch
Show Chrome Seat Tie Down Brackets
Lidlox Grip End Helmet Locks (2)
GL1800 Fuel Cap Harness
Honda Oil Filter
Goldstrike Drink Holder with Perch Mount
Helibars Plastic Caps
ShinGrips 5.5" 2-pack
UltraGard Essentials GT Touring Bike Cover
Show Chrome Front Fender Extension

·
Registered
468 Posts
Big bike parts backrest
Goldstrike passenger pegs
Goldstrike arm rest with Big Ass Drink Holder in Black
Show Chrome Front Fender Extension
Rivco Sidestand Pad
Goldstrike Tour blade

Tomorrow I will install my **** o pegs

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just a center stand to ease tire work (I have the 6-speed GL1800B), and an F4 20" windshield for long trips. I love the bike the way it is.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Oh well, I guess I can play as I haven't really added that much...

OEM Trunk rack
OEM LED brake light
EC brake light flash/running light cables
EC LED fog lights
SiriusXM antenna
Goldstrike Adjustable Highway pegs
Utopia Backrest
Cruzer Caddy cup holder
Grip Puppies
Crampbuster
Helibar risers
Optimate battery tender leads
IBA license plate holder

I'm still considering the F4 windshield 20", RDL or Corbin seat, and either the Pack-It rack setup or adding a trailer. Might also consider adding a fuse block so I can add heated clothes and maybe some other lighting options.

Stuff I forgot...
Ultragard full cover
Ultragard trunk bag

These are specific to this bike. I've bought other gear like a new helmet, new riding gear (jacket and pants), and will be adding to the collection as I'm rarely satisfied with what I do. It's a personal thing.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Man, I'm either very frugal or complacent.

Honda OEM Fog Lights
Honda OEM Passenger Arm Rests
Honda OEM Trunk Organizer
Aerostich Cable to Use with Helmet Lock T-Bar
Battery Tender Cable (added by dealer)
Clutch Ram Mount for my EZ-Pass
Kuryakyn Universal Throttle Boss

The bike worked for me out of the box. :wink2:

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
$20 XM antenna.
Battery Tender connector off my venerable 88 GL1500. I sometimes still miss the unbeatable comfort of that bike.
F4 windshield that made little difference from the stock.
Baker Built Air Wings and lowers that I think look fine (will remove the lowers if I ever install highway pegs.
Goldstrike tie down brackets I use frequently.
Goldstrike floorboards that make little improvement over the OEM foot pegs.
Hartco saddle that is not heated, but is infinitely more comfy than the OEM rock.
Grip puppies.
Custom color from HOR.
Harbor Freight tool bags that serve perfectly as saddlebag liners.
Will have the Xpel body protection film installed in Fla next month.

Won't install much more. I'm no longer into chrome, pin striping, extra lights, or stuff that requires cleaning. Been over that nonsense for a few decades.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
$20 XM antenna.
Battery Tender connector off my venerable 88 GL1500. I sometimes still miss the unbeatable comfort of that bike.
F4 windshield that made little difference from the stock.
Baker Built Air Wings and lowers that I think look fine (will remove the lowers if I ever install highway pegs.
Goldstrike tie down brackets I use frequently.
Goldstrike floorboards that make little improvement over the OEM foot pegs.
Hartco saddle that is not heated, but is infinitely more comfy than the OEM rock.
Grip puppies.
Custom color from HOR.
Harbor Freight tool bags that serve perfectly as saddlebag liners.
Will have the Xpel body protection film installed in Fla next month.

Won't install much more. I'm no longer into chrome, pin striping, extra lights, or stuff that requires cleaning. Been over that nonsense for a few decades.
???? what color? pics?

·
Registered
301 Posts
12v power outlet (installed at delivery)
Center stand (installed at delivery)
Grip Puppies
Utopia back rest
National Cycle Comfort bars with Rivco pegs
Front fender leading edge trim (black)
Front fender rear extension (black)
Wimius L3 camera
CycleMax saddlebag dividers

Pretty minor stuff, mostly. The bike is so near perfect out the door that I have to go out of my way to find things to spend money on for it (besides mousetraps:frown2:) But I'm trying to ensure that nothing I add subtracts from the bike's OEM aesthetics.

And I do have to confess that I installed MOPS for one trip but threw them away as soon as I got back. The one item that was a complete waste of money.

·
Registered
468 Posts
And I do have to confess that I installed MOPS for one trip but threw them away as soon as I got back. The one item that was a complete waste of money.

What was issue with MOPS

·
Registered
558 Posts
What was issue with MOPS

Fenry may be referring to a thread I started on ****-O-Pegs some time ago. I'm tall with long legs, big feet and the stock MOP's interfered with getting my right foot on & off the rear brake, the pegs would snag my pant leg when going to put my feet on the ground. Both are potentially dangerous. Pegs would also hit the front of my shins when backing up the bike. If you are of average build and height these will likely not be issues for you.

I reached out to MOP directly but they never gave much of a response. In the end I spent my own time and money to modify their product to meet my needs as described in this thread. They are perfect the way I have them set up now. But MOP's has shown no interest in manufacturing a modified product to accommodate tall riders. I sent them links to this thread and offered to help for free, nothing but crickets. Too bad.

https://gl1800riders.com/forums/193-2018-goldwing-board/435215-another-****-o-peg-install.html

Wish I had know before Fenry threw them out, I could have used the spare parts.

·
Registered
301 Posts
What was issue with MOPS
They prevented my feet from moving off the OEM pegs. When I attempted a workaround by shimming them down to the same height as the pegs, they obstructed getting my foot down at stops. Almost dropped the bike a couple of times.

Early on I reported the poor design to MOP and they blew me off. Then I reported the poor machining (clamp halves didn't mate properly on one side) and I got "sorry you didn't get a flawless set". No apology, no offer to replace, no offer to reduce price, no offer of any kind of accommodation or adjustment.

When I buy a brand new product I expect it to be as "flawless" as the manufacturer can make it. I paid top dollar for the set (one of the first buyers pre-2018 WingDing) and I expected a quality product. Failing that I expect the vendor to stand behind it.

Struck out on all counts. Never again.

I consider the design of the MOPS for 2018 to be a safety hazard for some operators (they extend too far back for tall riders with large boot sizes and effectively "cage" the operator's feet from any lateral movement off the OEM pegs). That's why I tossed them in the trashcan; I didn't want another rider's misfortune on my conscience.

·
Registered
558 Posts
They prevented my feet from moving off the OEM pegs. When I attempted a workaround by shimming them down to the same height as the pegs, they obstructed getting my foot down at stops. Almost dropped the bike a couple of times.

Early on I reported the poor design to MOP and they blew me off. Then I reported the poor machining (clamp halves didn't mate properly on one side) and I got "sorry you didn't get a flawless set". No apology, no offer to replace, no offer to reduce price, no offer of any kind of accommodation or adjustment.

When I buy a brand new product I expect it to be as "flawless" as the manufacturer can make it. I paid top dollar for the set (one of the first buyers pre-2018 WingDing) and I expected a quality product. Failing that I expect the vendor to stand behind it.

Struck out on all counts. Never again.

I consider the design of the MOPS for 2018 to be a safety hazard for some operators (they extend too far back for tall riders with large boot sizes and effectively "cage" the operator's feet from any lateral movement off the OEM pegs). That's why I tossed them in the trashcan; I didn't want another rider's misfortune on my conscience.
Since the Father retired, it's just not the same customer service or quality product unfortunately. Both would not be that difficult to fix but they don't seem to care.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Gee, this list can get long real quick.... The CB and Kradle Lock I got for the Suzuki Boulevard, but moved to the ST1800. The gadget mount I had gotten years ago for a prior Goldwing long before getting a Kradle Lock and found I could not use the Zumo mount on it by itself (I kept it, unable to use for a few years). The Kradle Lock solved the mounting issue allowing me to use it. I do have a much longer list on my 2010 with most of the same or similar items listed here.

"ST 1800" emblems

J&M CB/intercom
Honda CB antenna (with needed coax adapters)

Zumo 595 mount
left gadget mount (GPS) + bracket for CB
Kradle Lock (for GPS)

Traxxion Dynamics right radar detector mount
USB powered blue tooth to wired music dongle
3 channel stereo sound mixer (simple design/self assembled)
2 port USBpower w/volt meter
duel "gerbing" controller
EC LED Driving lights (and on w/high beam wiring)

Rivco Highway pegs
BushTech Hitch w/1-7/8 ball

Big Bike multi-purpose fuse block w/p&p harness
2 6 fuse panels (1 for "on" 1 for "acc")
Gold Strike trunk lights
Big Bike trunk rack w/star washers (same one as 2010)
LED interior lights (all compartments reed switch operated, self assembled)
Dual Helmet Lock kit at license plate
Baker Built seat handles
Big Bike driver backrest
2 SAE plugs w/ various connectors (1 at left side cover "vent", 1 at backrest)

shaped soft grip covers (self made)

Traxxion Dynamics glove box lock
Home Link garage door opener
Rivco side stand base
external spotter mirrors (painted a matching blue)
Amber LED fork reflectors
Red LED bag reflectors

Centramatics wheel balance disks

exhaust turn downs (self made)
Eagle license plate frame

(currently, chrome, but black w/chrome Eagle soon to replace due to angle causing blinding issues to drivers behind me)

To be installed soon:
handlebar relocation shims (I hope these help!!!!)

K&N air filter

Not any more list:

Dash screen protector (got hot and blew off, waste of money)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts