GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Went to a CMA chapter meeting then came home and moved furniture. Can not get out of the cul-de-sac yet. Might be able to next week.

·
Registered
19,262 Posts
cold Saturday

67 today

riding somewhere

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm dragging my S.O. to an open house today. Maybe it's time to consider downsizing. I tried downsizing the Wing and it didn't work.
First priority here is the size of the garage. Big enough for a bike and a car?

Oh, and it's -20C this morning, -4F. No riding for awhile yet.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Wife and I climbed on the bike after morning service, rode to the office, and threw my keys through the mail slot in the front door with a note attached stating that my ethics and some of their business tactics were incompatible....

Should've done it 6 months ago....! :yes:

Rule #1 Love our Lord, and never compromise your standards!

Now if the weather will just cooperate and allow me a good week of riding so I can contemplate what I want to do for a paycheck!! :grin2:

:flg: 'Murica!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yesterday I rode down to Jupiter, FL to pick up a photo tag then rode over to Lake Okeechobee to meet a friend for lunch, then headed home. There was a cold front bisecting the state so there was a 27 degree difference between my home and the lake area, sunshine and drizzly rain. 627 miles.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Wife and I climbed on the bike after morning service, rode to the office, and threw my keys through the mail slot in the front door with a note attached stating that my ethics and some of their business tactics were incompatible....

Should've done it 6 months ago....! :yes:

Rule #1 Love our Lord, and never compromise your standards!

Now if the weather will just cooperate and allow me a good week of riding so I can contemplate what I want to do for a paycheck!! :grin2:

Hang your hat on His words, "consider the birds of the air, they neither sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet there Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"

·
Registered
851 Posts
14 degrees here in north Idaho. Presently snowing. Looking forward to 5-8 inches tonight. Gotta love it. NOT. Just hanging out at home practicing my keyboard and clarinet. Oh boy.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I spent over 4 hours in the plow truck I drive for the county moving snow today and the way the rest of the week looks I will be getting more oppertunities to do more :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm getting sick of reading this topic!

It is -42C here and getting colder. We are suffering from the polar vortex as high speed katabatic ice winds howl off the polar ice cap and reach us unimpeded. Uncovered skin will freeze in 30 seconds or less. Sounds are amplified due to the low moisture in the air and the snow crunches underfoot (under boot). My winter jacket acts like a bag of potato chips being crunched due to the extreme cold, but it keeps me warm with 4 layers underneath it of course.

Oh yeah, my Goldwing rests in the garage, with battery tender plugged in, waiting silently for that special spring day in a few months time.... Until then I can only dream of riding. Roads are ice covered and extremely dangerous as you might imagine.

Darkness arrives early even in February but come spring time, days get longer (more daylight) by +6 minutes per day! Until June 21 when the daylight is with us till 11pm and it never really gets dark, just dusky and then sunrise at 4am....so I can sure ride a lot of long days!

Stay warm!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Walked around Salamanca Spain with the love of my life, had a great steak at Plaza Mayor and met some wonderful friends for dessert and coffee!!

Sorry about the pics.... already had them loaded before I checked them... you get the picture!

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hang your hat on His words, "consider the birds of the air, they neither sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet there Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"
Our faith tells us that no matter what lays ahead of us, God is already there!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Vacationg ln Sarasota, Florida.
Church this morning followed by “church” donuts.
Then a short ride to Myakka State Park for a walk.
It was 85 degrees here today. We head back to Ohio later this week. It was in the 20’s there.
The good news is that I will have weeks to plan rides to take this summer.

Jim

·
Registered
470 Posts
Road the Harley about 100 miles yesterday. Temp in the low 30's. Roads were finally clear of salt as it had rained hard during the week. Back to salt covered again this morning as we had light snow overnight with more significant accumulation predicted for tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
My ride is tucked away in the garage waiting for this snowstorm to pass.

Reactions: JackFlack
1 - 20 of 36 Posts