GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title says...post what you've done to your Goldwing today. It can be anything...simple mods, washing/waxing, maintenance...anything that improved your Goldwing! I think this would be great ways to share ideas/mods. Let's see what you've done! I'm excited because I've done my first 2 mods (of many). I got a couple 2" blind spot mirrors...I like them because they're adjustable (Advance Auto $4) and I added a chrome fender tip (Kuryakyn $39).

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
Not today but yesterday air filter antifreeze clutch and brake fluid and front tire. And if that wasn't enough washed and waxed also.

·
Registered
115 Posts
First ride of 2014

Rode down into SD today. New Mustang seat. Super brace. Heat in seat was nice. Fits better than I thought it would. Will try a pic. Well will have to figure out how to post pics. Got it done as an attachment.

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
Cut some yellow Plexiglas to the shape of the cowl in front of my fog lights. Some day I might think of an original idea for the bike but for now I have to give credit to the good folks at GL 1800 Riders Forum :bow:. yellow fog light cover.jpg Called Electrical Connection and ordered the harness that allows the fog lights to be on all the time. Maybe if the cars don't see my modulating head lights the yellow fog lights will get there attention.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Added a set of Mick O's that I scored off a forum member...oh man do they make the highway cruise a breeze. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397000012.375201.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397000026.133967.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not today but yesterday air filter antifreeze clutch and brake fluid and front tire. And if that wasn't enough washed and waxed also.
I just got & tried this wax called Collinite Insulator Wax...absolutely the most amazing wax I've ever used! Bit steep on price $20/bottle (Amazon)...but all I can about it is: WOW!

http://www.collinite.com

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Haven't had my new 2013 for 24 hours yet but I cleaned and put Rejex on my mirror wings and leg wings by Baker. Have to let them sit overnight but I can't wait to get my smoke colored parts on my silver Wing. Maybe I will thumb through the owners manual a bit to see what all is different from my '03. Obviously I have to get new pics up too.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Added some Baker Hand Wings this afternoon and install some Sena SMH10's in our helmets yesterday. Love them both! Also swapped my highway pegs from my VTX to the wing. Still deciding if I like them yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Went to Autozone today & picked up a "universal" stubby antenna. Well, it didn't fit...all of the adapters were too small. Anybody know of any decent ones that fits the Goldwing? Thanks, Jetman.

·
Banned
792 Posts
I put on a new Kuryakyn fork brace, not because I really think it will do much but mainly because I like the look of the nice shiny chrome to replace that drab gray plastic piece. Today I will take it for a ride and see if I notice anything at all but not planning on it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Made a trip to SD on Wednesday also

Hey DakotaGold I too was in SD, rode down to Polluck and back. Wednesday afternoon, was great until the wind picked up to 40 50 mph then it became work..

·
Registered
115 Posts
trip

Hey DakotaGold I too was in SD, rode down to Polluck and back. Wednesday afternoon, was great until the wind picked up to 40 50 mph then it became work..
I was in Pollock also. I live a couple miles south of Beaver Bay and a mile east 1804. When I have time I stop in at Mobridge airport. Welcome to stop in anytime.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts