GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new helmet. What headset do you riders recommend for a Shoeii RF1000 Helmet? nd where is the best buy?

·
Registered
305 Posts
This is the version I had installed in our helmets. 1st chance to ride with them this past weekend. We were AMAZED that we went so long without. Clarity was stellar and the intercom was great. Planning to install the CB in the next few weeks along with 2 friends of mine who also bought CBs.

http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=08

I guess I should have included the link......

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
This is the version I had installed in our helmets. 1st chance to ride with them this past weekend. We were AMAZED that we went so long without. Clarity was stellar and the intercom was great. Planning to install the CB in the next few weeks along with 2 friends of mine who also bought CBs.
You must be talking about Airrider headsets. Very nice, excellent audio and service.

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
I have also installed the 584 Elite series in my Shoei X11 and believe me - they are awesome! A great place to buy and have them installed is: www.sierra-mc.com/products.asp?cat=313 :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
We have J&M in our RF1000's, I installed them myself, but I use earbuds now anyway, so only the mic is important to me. Wife still uses the helmet speakers.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have also installed the 584 Elite series in my Shoei X11 and believe me - they are awesome! A great place to buy and have them installed is: www.sierra-mc.com/products.asp?cat=313 :thumbup:
Just bought a Shoei X-11 for myself and an Arai Vector for my wife and need a headsets. Did you send your helmet to them for the install? Did you install the the model for a full face http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=JM-HS-ECD584-FF ? I understand some folks use the open face / flip up setup instead of having the mic mounted in the full face chin bar.

The reason I ask is that we currently have 2 j&M setups installed in our full face helmets that I have been wondering if there would be any way to adapt them to the new helmets??? While they are not "Elite" setups they work well.

I really need to get this done, as we miss not having them in our full face helmets.

One more - does Sierra do installs at Rally's? Can I assume they will be at some of the larger venues........... I know we will be going to Tulsa.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts