GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Vendor
22,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thankful for many things, and my life has truly been blessed. I could not possibly list them all.

I was watching a PBS special on Christmas in Yellowstone Park and it reminded me of the trips I have made through there
on the bike, and the many other places out west I have traveled.

Which brings me to the point of this post. I am extremely thankful for being able to travel to and visit all the many
beautiful places God has created on this wonderful planet. I am not able to properly express it in words,
so I will let the photos speak for me.

Bar Harbor Main

Arcadia National Park

Colorado (hwy 149)

Colorado (hwy 141)

White Sands New Mexico

Train ride from Durango to Silverton

Senora Pass in California

Hwy 1 in Calif

Avenue of the Giants in California

Grand Canyon

Zion Park

Yosemite Park

Oregon

Yellowstone Park

Beartooth Pass

Glacier Park

Grand Tetons

Utah

Arizona

Death Valley

Cheohala Parkway

Virgina

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Fred,

Great thread. And the best part about it, the subject of all your photos did not cost a dime. Just "Respect"

Happy Thanksgiving

Bulldog & Meesh

·
Registered
19,374 Posts
Great Shots.I have found the most rewarding tend to be the ones with loved ones in the picture. But the landscape shots are great too.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Excellent 30,000 word essay, Fred!

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
THANKS Fred!

prs

·
Registered
439 Posts
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I think you have spoken several thousand with these. Thanks Fred.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Great post Fred, thanks!

Suzi and I were just talking about how thankful we are for the fantastic trips we have been able to make over the last few years, to many of the same places you have posted pictures of. It has been a true blessing in our lives. We owe our gratitude to the members of this board for all of the empowerment, encouragement, help and friendship that has assisted us in accomplishing our motorcycle touring trips.

Thanks to you all :!:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Fred H. said:
I am extremely thankful for being able to travel to and visit all the many
beautiful places God has created on this wonderful planet. I am not able to properly express it in words,
so I will let the photos speak for me.
And they did just that. Makes me want to start packing now.
He knew what he was doing didn't he.

All of our trips have been in the eastern part of the US (North and south) but we were able to go out west this summer. I was amazed at how different the mountains looked form one state to another. Like the shots from Arizona and Utah.

We are going back soon. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Great pictures! Makes me want to jump on the Wing and go see some of them - right now! That Hwy 149 picture looks a lot like the view from the hairpin turn on Wolfcreek Pass, Hwy 160. At any rate, the two viewpoints aren't too far from each other.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Fred - those are some awsome pictures. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Excellent :clap2: and thanks for posting the wonderful pictures :flg:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts