GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, All:

My wife and I went on our first long day-ride of 2015. We headed up to Stone Mountain, North Carolina.

16939930079_282bfe8a25_z (2).jpg

We got there, but it was very quiet. Never been before. Roamed around the huge park for a couple of hours without any lunch. Couldn't find the darned mountain! I mean, it was there, RIGHT THERE, but the pretty views eluded us. Finally, after wandering back and forth getting hungrier and hungrier, we found the secret PATH that lead to the secret VIEW. By then, I was too hungry to stay for another two hours and we had to leave. (No, there were no restaurants nearby.)

17126136075_b31ac05677_z (2).jpg

So, I've decided that all future rides will include a backup picnic lunch, even if we don't plan to eat it.

I have no problem going back. It was a nice ride. It's just that I'm a slow learned about these things. Lunch it is, then. And next time, we'll leave good and early in the morning, or maybe just stay up there overnight and really explore the place. It seams to be a camping heaven.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Food is definitely important. When we recently went to the dealer to purchase our new 2015, I was really aware of all the memories of sitting at the car dealerships for hours with no food and feeling pressured into poor decisions. This time, as bad as we wanted to get to the dealer and get the ball rolling, we stopped at a fast food place just before we got there (it was about 90 minutes from our house) and ate a nice big lunch. It made the work at the dealership much more pleasant :)

Congrats on your ride. Scenery sure does look nice there!

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Don't forget...
Large glass of water first.
:thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts