GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night it was priceless !!!!

All I saw were sparks like the truck in front of me threw a cigarette butt out the window. After the loud metalic thump, I knew better. Part of his spare tire carrier fell off and I ran over it. Fortunately, the only damage is to the belly pan...and my soiled BVDs.

·
Registered
16,858 Posts
I would weld that bad boy up and put her right back on!

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
all that and no flat/ruined tires? You better go get a lottery ticket. With that luck, you can't miss.....

·
Registered
236 Posts
I was thinking about buying one of those. I was looking at a few things and thought I would hold off and buy a couple of different things....You know things you can see............Well, I just saw that and I have it on order!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mines on order from Hal!
I was a believer when I looked up under the bike and saw how vulnerable and open it is after someone suggested it in another post, now I can't wait till it gets here.
If you have a 1800 and no belly pan, lay down next to the bike and look up underneath and you will see what I'm talkin bout! :idea:

·
Registered
83 Posts
JJMAN said:
Mines on order from Hal!
I was a believer when I looked up under the bike and saw how vulnerable and open it is...:
Especially the exposed plastic coolant reservoir.

<shudder>

My Tulsa Belly Pan has a hole in it and is a bit bent from a stick thrown at me by a semi.

Pax,
MMe

·
Registered
451 Posts
At least its not a crack.......

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Javern said:
Silver Fox said:
At least its not a crack.......
YOU got that right.....nice to see a hole now n then in between the cracks :yes1:
Down boy, down. Easy there big fella! :shock:

·
Registered
169 Posts
The first things I put on a bike are the things I think will add to my chances of survival, ie. Kisan headlight modulator, mirror lights, side markers, spoiler with brake light modulator from EC, super brace, 3M headlamp covers, and the TULSA BELLY PAN. My good friend Lary ripped the coolant jug out from under his bike, he had a "pan" the next week.
When I was at the Hoot last year if I hadn't had the belly pan I would probably still be there waiting for the new cases to come in. SPEND THE MONEY...GOT ONE...NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!!!
Seriously, for 50 bucks or whatever the pan sells for now, the protection it provides, especially given the ground clearance of the wing, this is a MUST have item.
See Ya
dave

·
Registered
20,948 Posts
I still have my doubts as to weather the bellypan actually helped. Looks like the bellypan was easilly punctured but the engine case was still able to deflect the debris. One thing for sure though is the belly pan didn't hurt anything other than a slight dent in the wallet.

·
Registered
287 Posts
03CANDYORANGEWING said:
I was thinking about buying one of those. I was looking at a few things and thought I would hold off and buy a couple of different things....You know things you can see............Well, I just saw that and I have it on order!
I posted this item on your request for first items to buy. :1st:

:clap2: :rw1: :clap2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Question on the belly pan does it restrict the air flow on the engine and and does it make the engine run hotter?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Rob L,

I have had one on mine since new and can tell no difference in temp. I have an infa red guage and is about the same.

Jack

1 - 19 of 19 Posts