GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seeing some positive comments about the Battlax B-45 rear tire they are running on the front. What is a good rear tire to use with that combo?
By the way, being a rear tire, it comes with 10/32 tread depth (which is twice the depth of front tires). Recently, I had chance to measure tread depth on a bike the owner had over 17,000 miles on it and the remaining tread depth was 7/32!!!!!!
That works for me.
Buckskin

·
Registered
391 Posts
If I was to go back to a MT, I'd run the Battlax in the rear also...
I'd never run another E-III, never realized how bad they
were until I changed

·
Registered
876 Posts
You been watching those squirrels mounting each other too long!
I knows you love that dark side brother!
Buckskin
Try it, you might just like it. What's that they say, "Eat American lamb, 1,000's of coyotes can't be wrong.:thumbup:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
The Bt45 is okay for highway or funeral rides.But if you do any amount of riding where you don't wave at every woodland creatures.Then forget that Dual compound tire.

It will cup badly because of that dual compound,But more so because of that extra thick rubber.It flexes to much under a agressive rider and will look like crap in 4500 miles.

You'd be better off with the Avon Road Rider it too has the deeper tread but is a Single Compound that wears much better over the life of the tire. http://www.avon-tyres.co.uk/motorcycle/roadrider

Trust me I've had four different biased ply tires up front,They are for the slower riders out there.
There is nothing out there that wears as smooth as a 709 up front on my sled!.

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Amsoil!:coffee1::coffee1::coffee1:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rocky,
I measured a guys tire a couple of months ago with 17,000 ++ miles on it, and it had no cupping and had 7/32 tread left on it. One of the guys on this board has 31,000 miles on his. :shrug:
Buckskin

The Bt45 is okay for highway or funeral rides.But if you do any amount of riding where you don't wave at every woodland creatures.Then forget that Dual compound tire.

It will cup badly because of that dual compound,But more so because of that extra thick rubber.It flexes to much under a agressive rider and will look like crap in 4500 miles.

You'd be better off with the Avon Road Rider it too has the deeper tread but is a Single Compound that wears much better over the life of the tire. http://www.avon-tyres.co.uk/motorcycle/roadrider

Trust me I've had four different biased ply tires up front,They are for the slower riders out there.
There is nothing out there that wears as smooth as a 709 up front on my sled!.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Rocky,
I measured a guys tire a couple of months ago with 17,000 ++ miles on it, and it had no cupping and had 7/32 tread left on it. One of the guys on this board has 31,000 miles on his. :shrug:
Buckskin
Jack.reread my post.I didn't say you couldn't get good milerage.I said you won't get good wear if you do any type of fast riding.By fast I don't mean your wife saying "That was fast honey" in bed.:eek:4:

·
Registered
118 Posts
My last front tire was a roadrider and it made a humming sound anytime I leaned the bike over in the turns, even when it was brand new. Even in a mild lean. I did put 17K on it before it developed a slow leak. I replaced it with a 709 and am very happy with the new tire though I only have a couple thousand on it so far. I was running it with the kumho which I ran to the wear bars in about 18K. Swapped on a new perelli RF. Very smooth all around right now but time will tell. Others have far more experience than I do. Just throwing my two cents in.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Bridgestone G709 and a Pirelli Eufori. It don't get any better than this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts