GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to install a Bushtec hitch on my 2012 Goldwing.

What is needed to wire it to a 4 wire trailer?

Do I need a plug and play isolator kit? And then do I need a 5-4 adapter kit?

First time I have tried to wire a Bike :)

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I am going to install a Bushtec hitch on my 2012 Goldwing.

What is needed to wire it to a 4 wire trailer?

Do I need a plug and play isolator kit? And then do I need a 5-4 adapter kit?

First time I have tried to wire a Bike :)

Thanks for the help.
i keep watching for an answer. i'm in the same boat.

·
Registered
833 Posts
You need an Isolator Kit and a plug to match the one on your trailer. Plug in the isolator as most are plug and play, anchor everything down and wire up the plug to match the trailer. Everything should be good to go after that.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need an Isolator Kit and a plug to match the one on your trailer. Plug in the isolator as most are plug and play, anchor everything down and wire up the plug to match the trailer. Everything should be good to go after that.
It has to be an Isolator Kit for the 2012 as it is different than the 2010 and below.

The Bushtec 2012 trailer hitches come with the proper Isolator Kit in it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I just recieved the parts from Electricial Connection to do my 2012. You need a sub harness, part # 07672, an isolator,part# 07660, and a converter( 5 wires to 4 wires) part #07664. This makes it plug and go. You have to get the plug end to match you trailer. That's it.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
FLA-Orange has it right.

We are the only ones with the plug and play harness for the 2012 (we supply Bushtec). It is completely different that the 2001-2010. The 07664 will take the 5 wire from the bike and electronically create the 4 wire output from the 07660 isolator. The advantage to doing it electronically is that you don't have any loss in brightness. If you ever change trailers and end up with something 5 wire, just unplug the 07664 and your isolator is now 5 wire! More info and pics here:

http://electricalconnection.com/wire-harnesses/hrns-trailer.htm

Board sponsor carries our products!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FLA-Orange has it right.

We are the only ones with the plug and play harness for the 2012 (we supply Bushtec). It is completely different that the 2001-2010. The 07664 will take the 5 wire from the bike and electronically create the 4 wire output from the 07660 isolator. The advantage to doing it electronically is that you don't have any loss in brightness. If you ever change trailers and end up with something 5 wire, just unplug the 07664 and your isolator is now 5 wire! More info and pics here:

http://electricalconnection.com/wire-harnesses/hrns-trailer.htm

Board sponsor carries our products!
Good to know :thumbup:

Will the 07664 work with the Isolator kit that was included with the Bushtec 2012 trailer hitch? Just want to make sure before I order it :)

I didn't re-look but from what I remember the wiring plug looked a little bit different. Maybe I just am not remembering it correctly.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good to know :thumbup:

Will the 07664 work with the Isolator kit that was included with the Bushtec 2012 trailer hitch? Just want to make sure before I order it :)

I didn't re-look but from what I remember the wiring plug looked a little bit different. Maybe I just am not remembering it correctly.

Well to answer my own question.

No the 2012 EC 5-to-4 adapter will NOT work with the EC Isolator kit that comes included with the 2012 Bushtec hitch. There is no sub harness connector so no way to attach the 5-to-4 adapter :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts