GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
The Patriot Guard are a group of motorcycle people as well as others that are committed to welcoming home our brave soldiers whether they are coming home after their tour or worse to their funeral. We as American's need to give thanks to these men and women for their service so we are able to enjoy our freedoms. I'm a proud member and encorrage everyone I see to join. The time and effort we put forth is minor to what our soldiers are doing for us.
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND OUR TROOPS

Randie
Guard # 58568
GWRRA # 154981
Master Rider # 6190

·
Registered
261 Posts
Well lets not get too confused here. There is a club called the Patriot Riders. AND there is an organization called the Patriot Guard. 2 very different organizations. The Patriot Guard was formed to show the honor and respect deserved by our fallen service men and women. Initially to keep The Moron Rev Fred Phelps and his entourage at bay so that the grieving family would have peace and lay to rest, in the proper reverence and dignity, their fallen sons or daughters.

The Patriot Riders is a club (I only know of them in New England) that was formed because a disgrunteled President of a chapter of Rolling Thunder was voted out of office and he decided to form yet another motorcycle organization. I don't think it's a very big club.

HTH

FF

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've ridden for all kinds of causes and fund rasiers, but I think you'll find that riding on a mission with the PGR will be the most satisfying thing you've done. This past weekend we rode to honor Cpl. Calloway in Jax. Fl.
The newsmedia had spread the word that Phelps and his Whacko's were going to be there and that set the stage for the largest turn out that the PGR has had in Florida. Not only the PGR but other motorcycle groups and the out pouring from he Jax comunity was overwhelming. There were at least 650 bikes, 100 in cages and over 1200 citizens at the church and graveside showing their respect. Of course the Whacko's were a no show and that let us concentrate on what the mission was all about....Showing RESPECT for Cpl. Calloway, his wife and family. Here are some of the pics I took. http://community.webshots.com/user/flaman2u

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
That is awsome. There are still some great Americans.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts