GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kept hearing a rattle getting worse -- kinda like two coins in a Mason jar.

I thought a had a clutch or alternator rattle, or a spark knock. Filled the tank with premium. No difference.

Then I realized it was the Rivco kickstand foot! Dooh! I had put in double set screws with Loctite, and the darn thing still got loose.

That made me wonder. Does Honda still use the same crappy kickstand on the 2012's ?

·
Registered
479 Posts
I kept hearing a rattle getting worse -- kinda like two coins in a Mason jar.

I thought a had a clutch or alternator rattle, or a spark knock. Filled the tank with premium. No difference.

Then I realized it was the Rivco kickstand foot! Dooh! I had put in double set screws with Loctite, and the darn thing still got loose.

That made me wonder. Does Honda still use the same crappy kickstand on the 2012's ?
Same one

·
Registered
117 Posts
My stock kickstand doesn't rattle. :shrug:

·
Registered
20,009 Posts
My stock kickstand doesn't rattle. :shrug:
Neither does mine. Sounds like a problem with Rivco to me.

It took 11 years, but I think we finally have it covered now. There is officially no part on the GL1800 that has not called crappy at least once. :lol:

·
Registered
5,259 Posts

It took 11 years, but I think we finally have it covered now. There is officially no part on the GL1800 that has not called crappy at least once. :lol:
Yeah, but they keep right on buyin' um, don't they? :twisted:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I know it is the Rivco foot rattling. I was just wondering if Honda finally upgraded the kickstand that would obsolete the Rivco foot (or carrying around something to put under the stand when parking on dirt or hot asphalt). Sounds like the answer is no.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Honda likes to put a small footed kickstand on a big heavy bike......

·
Registered
247 Posts
years ago i was traveling on a gs1100 suzuki. all of a sudden it raised a hell of a clatter, scared me to death slowed down couldnt find anything wrong. kept on going, got home and was showing a friend of mine, i revved up the bike it rattled horribly. he laughed picked up the horn that had fallen off its mount onto the top of the motor. dont always expect the worse

1 - 8 of 8 Posts