GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spend over $800 for a trunk rack, spoiler with light, passenger arm rest and some bags. In the past I have bought some other items some really good like the butler beverage system and also driver back rest but some junk that was waste of money like the air paddles that go next to bike didnt even install them and that was almost 200 waste. what are your best and worst?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Best...****-O-Pegs...:thumbup:

Worst...Kuryakyn Passenger Arm Rest...

·
Registered
559 Posts
For the wing, the best would be passenger armrests - because that alone got my wife to agree to long distance riding.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why are Kuryakyn Passenger Armrests bad. I just bought those have not installed them yet. they look like exactly what the wife needs and they are a good brand, what's up?

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Best - Rattlebars heel/toe shifter w/peg relocation kit

Worst - PIAA driving lights

:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Best toss up between Full set of Bakers or Vstream windsheild
Worst money ever spent on wing Showchrome driving lights ( not very bright )

·
Administrator
3,914 Posts
Best accessory money spent
Tailwind trailer (yes, it's that good)
****-O-Pegs
Butler mug

Worst accessory money spent
Kuryakin luggage rack (really didn't need a rack, and because it is Kuryakin it rusts)
Kuryakin passenger arm rests (My wife loves the arm rests, but next time I'll get another brand that doesn't rust as easily)

Glen

·
Registered
967 Posts
Best is the V-Stream Special Edition
Worst is the Kury chrome grips.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Best- Centramatics
Worst- well I din't buy them they were on the MC when I bought it, but they are the Kuryakan passenger arm rests. I would put another set on if I could, but they would be some that you could open the trunk without swinging out the rests.

·
Registered
700 Posts
why are Kuryakyn Passenger Armrests bad. I just bought those have not installed them yet. they look like exactly what the wife needs and they are a good brand, what's up?

The reason I dislike the armrest is because everytime you want to get in the trunk you have to move the armrest outbound and being a short person this meant that I would have to go around to one side or the other to move them...The cup holder is also an irregular size, too big for a can drink and to small for a can drink with a foam sleve...(If I remember right).
Just one person's opinion...:shrug:..

If I ever need armrest again I'll look at the ones made by Rivco...

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
My best and worse item is exactly the same . . . Kuryakyn saddlebag and trunk lighted moldings. The plastic lenses (where the LED lights shine through) kept cracking on the first 3 sets I purchased (luckily, they were exchanged under warranty). It took Kury 4 exchanges before they sent me some that have worked without problems for the past 4 years! They are great safety items (when they work!).

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Best - Run Flat Car Tire, Mic-o-pegs. Utopia Backrest, mic-mutes
Worst - Saddlebag/Trunk Organizers, Non OEM headlights, Markland armrests (swing out)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Worst - Kury backup lights with integrated OSHA beeper

...just kidding :joke:

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
Best- Kury floorboards
Worst- chrome dash trim around speedo and tach- not there any more

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Very hard to choose, best were backrest, cargo keepers, foam puppies, multipvex mirrors. centramatics, car tire.....worst, little wide angle mirrors, foot wings.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Best-Mic Mutes,Baker Hand Wings, my wife likes her Kuryakyn cup holder

Best Looking-Turndown exhaust tips- I really like the looks of them(but 0 functionality)

Can't say I have any bad ones. They are all good in their way but I like the above ones best(still plan on looking into Mic o Pegs)

1 - 20 of 102 Posts