GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using norton's for the past year. I have heard that some of the free ones are just as good. What has been your experience?
tia :)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
AVG Free...Very happy....Has caught every virus that has come this way. :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Dumped my resource hog Norton's anti-virus over a year ago and went with AVG and have no regrets.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
AVG Free here, too...... was using Norton for a number of years until it just became too bloated and cumbersome. First heard about AVG on Komando's web site and decided to try it out. Have stuck with it ever since. That and ZoneAlarm (also free) have been flawless performers.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Another vote for AVG Free and Zone Alarm. Got rid of Norton also.

The only program I have bought to protect my PC is SpySweeper. It caught and got rid of all the stuff that ad-aware and spy bot missed.

7 whiz is also free and a great FREE replacement for Winzip.

www.download.com has all these programs and more, I just read the reviews and check 'em out. :wink:

·
Registered
411 Posts
AV

By my count, AVG has the most votes. There is a reason for that, and it's because it works.

The best/easiest to install/most comprehensive AV software for sale for individual desktop systems would be Trend.

I sell the network version of Trend to my clients, and use AVG at home on all my systems here.

YMMV

Cloud9

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Airborne06 said:
Get a Mac and forget about anti-virus software! :D
How quickly we forget that it was the Mac/Apple that initially spawned the world of computer virus/worm/trojan/etc..., back in the 80's and early 90's.

BTW, what most anti-virus software report as a virus, really aren't. 99% of the crap that attacks computers these days ore actually trojans and worms, and NOT virus.

·
Registered
152 Posts
BrianH wrote:

How quickly we forget that it was the Mac/Apple that initially spawned the world of computer virus/worm/trojan/etc..., back in the 80's and early 90's.

I respond:

iFUD.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Check out http://www.pctools.com

Their Spyware Doctor and their Registry Mechanic are great too.

I'm using http://www.CA.comfor my anti virus for several years, it's been good but I might consider going with PCtools after subscription expires.

If you look at the CA site click on solutions, click Security, scroll down to Home & Home Business.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I use Avast. The free home version has been on my PC for about 2 years without problems. The real problem now is spyware and the like. I keep those out with Spybot Search and Destroy, also free.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts