GL1800Riders Forums banner

What is the best bolt down chock IYO?

756 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  keninsenm 
#1 ·
Living in OKC the first days ride in either direction is a hot 500 mile interstate run that I have done to many times to count. This year we're are going to trailer to Tennesse then tour WV,MD,VA & NC. I have a trailer but need a good chock that will work for a 1800 with a front fender extension. Suggestions?

#4 ·
The fender extension part is what's gonna make it hard to say ... depends on the extension length, the construction of the chock, etc. I sure don't know which chock is best, but I've been using a WheelDock for several years. There is a part which bolts down in your trailer, does not take up hardly any room, and the other part which fits in the bolted down part and pins in place. Makes it easy to mount in the trailer, then unpin and sit the chock in the floor where you park and use it there as well. The chock will hold your bike upright as long as it's not bumped sideways hard. I'm guessing most chocks that "lock" the tire and wheel in place in the chock will reach far enough up the back of the front tire to come into contact with most fender extensions.

Strictly a guess on my part here ... as I said, I don't know about all of them. Other than the part about the fender extension, I highly recommend the WheelDock chock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.