GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the world of Goldwings. Just bought my first one this November, 09 in Yellow:p:excited:. Anyway, I was wondering what is a good helmet intercom set for the Wing. I know you get what you pay for but I am looking for a mid to low end set for the wife and I. Any help would be great, thanks

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I went with the Hondaline which is the cheaper of the J&M I am told and was terribly disappointed. We now have EdSets and love them.

The Hondaline was "thrown in" when I purchased the bike. After having them I would not waste my money and go for the EdSets. I can also speak for their great customer service.

·
Registered
928 Posts
You are going to get a lot of differing views on this subject. For what it is worth I have J&M's in my helmets, and the SO's too. Started with a cheap set of Chatterbox's and they were ok, but I like my J&M's and they are good people to deal with. Good luck with your choice and welcome to the group. Ride safe.

Crabby Bob :popcorn:

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I have the J & M Elites. Very nice and they have good service also. These are much higher quality and are modular

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
+1 for J&M Elites.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I've had both the J&M's and the Edset 3G. The 3Gs has far better sound quality than the J&Ms had and easier to install in my helmet.

·
Registered
801 Posts
J & M installed in new helmets by J & M. Work great.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have a set of j&m shorty's for my helmet and the wife has j&m headset for her 3/4. I get alot of wind buffering from her mic. I tried taping it off some with a little opening but it didn't change much. I played with the setting every which way. I don't have a passenger controller. Would this make a difference? How can I reduce this if not eliminate it? It get's so bad I just turn the Intercom off.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I've had J&M in two sets of helmets and they are great. Placement of the speaker in the helmet is critical. If you leave the intercom on all the time, I think you will get wind noise and not enjoy the music as much. MicMutes can help with that. But now we ride with the intercom on only for a few minutes when first starting out, coming to a destination, or occasionally some other short conversation. It is OFF about 95% of the ride.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I have a set of j&m shorty's for my helmet and the wife has j&m headset for her 3/4. I get alot of wind buffering from her mic. I tried taping it off some with a little opening but it didn't change much. I played with the setting every which way. I don't have a passenger controller. Would this make a difference? How can I reduce this if not eliminate it? It get's so bad I just turn the Intercom off.

ToolBox try these They are a little pricey but work well:

www.windsockwinddeflector.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts