GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum. I sold my ST1300 and replaced it with an 06 wing with premiun sound. Great move up. I have a Garmin nuvi350 GPS with mp3 player. Neat unit I really like it. I have figured out how to download music tracks from "Pure Tracks" copy them to CD,then rip the CD to mp3 format, load them on the nuvi and all works well but takes a lot of time. I have tried using "Sound Taxi" which is supposed to convert those downloaded files directly to mp3 format without the CD steps but so far I can't make it work. It goes thru the converting process shows the files now being mp3 format (128bphs) but they will not play on the player. What am I missing?

Appreciate any help here. / Dave

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Probagbly some form of copy protection madness.

David M.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Pure Tracks is a pay per play service, and as such, it has Digital Rights Management (DRM) songs. Unfortunately, I don't believe you can convert them to MP3 files and play till your hearts content.

However, you may want to try another website,

www.allofmp3.com

its a Russian site, they take credit cards and you can purchase MP3 files for about 8 to 30 cents per song, average about 10-15 cents.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Converting files to MP3

There are many FREE MP3 converters that you can download and install.

Go to www.download.com and do a search on mp3 converter. You will be given several options that you can download to convert just about any format to MP3.

I like and use "Free Mp3 Wma Converter 1.4" and it works extremely well. It converts just about any format and its free.

Here is a link to the cnet dowload for this converter.

http://www.download.com/Free-Mp3-Wma-Co ... lstpop-0-5

I hope this helps

·
Registered
705 Posts
Try DBPower Amp as a converter. Now if that does not work.

Here is what I do.

I have a recoreder on my PC. I key up the song. Then I start the recorder, which will record anything that goes thru your sound card. At the end of the song stop the recorder and save it. Then go to your hard drive and rename it such as E.G. BB King - Blues Bayou

Look at the format your recorder saved it in WAV, MP3 etc, then convert that.

Remember if you want to see any info come across the face of your player, you have to edit the Rev1 and Rev3 tags ID Tags.

Lot of work.

Best file sharing website out there as far as far as I am concerned is Bearshare

·
Registered
26 Posts
Burn the song to a CD then rip it back to the computer in MP3 format to remove protection...

·
Registered
358 Posts
SpaGuru said:
Burn the song to a CD then rip it back to the computer in MP3 format to remove protection...
That does not always work. the rental books that have the DRM protection for one.

Good luck,

Ken H>

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I started using MediaMonkey with iWay #3 and am liking it so far. Free too, for the basic stuff.

David M.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the input from everyone. So far it seems that copying to CD and then ripping back to mp3 works about as good as anything I have tried. Some of the free converters must not remove all the DRM features because they show to be in mp3 format but still won't play. I guess I must be to old to understand all the new technology. Oh well,I always manage to find a way that will work. I think I will just go far a ride tomorrow and enjoy the bike.

Dave

·
Registered
206 Posts
I even burn Music DVDs to my Yamaha CDR-1300 Music Server and then I burn a CD from that. Then I load the CD to my PC and convert it to AAC thru Itunes and then download that to my 30 gig IPOD. Works like a charm as well as converting my 200 CDs to AAC and then onto my IPOD (just the killer songs though).

Occasionally I run across a Killer song on XM Radio and it is the only song that is great on the CD so I go to Itunes and download it for $.99 rather than buying the CD. I have been burned many times by getting Free Downloads because you greatly increase your chance of getting a VIRUS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts