GL1800Riders Forums banner

What is the highest Temperature you have seen?

3K views 40 replies 38 participants last post by  Flyboyron 
#1 ·
Yesterday, here in Sunny California, it was close to 95 where I live.

When I stopped to get gas in my bike the outside temp was around 92 and when I was ready to leave I started the engine and checked the outside temp which said 113. As I rode off and checked it by the time I got home it said 88.

Of course I know it wasn't 113 but I was wondering what is the highest it will read, and what is the highest you have seen it read on yours?

#2 ·
Highest on an active ride,,, 115 in September on my 4 corners attempt,,, air temp was 115 at speed,, road temp about 145

fORGOT TO CLARIFY.. THAT TEMP WAS RECORDED AS i TOOK THE PHEONIX BYPASS IN aRIZONA AT ABOUT 1300 HOUES

#6 ·
121...or, for those that can actually use more than one temperature range, it would appear that the sensor will read out between -10C and +50C.

Yes, I have seen the 121 - summertime in the unshaded parking lot here. Air temp was around 109 or so.

#7 ·
Mine has often shown 115° or a bit below after a ride then sitting on the side stand in a hot parking lot in the sun. That was my '02 on which the sensor was in the upper right duct.

#8 ·
119 deg through Phoenix a couple of years ago

Traveling north on I-17 near downtown Phoenix at 11am in July. Left leg scars bubbled up. 2 weeks to heal skin heat damage. :chicken: I should have started earlier or taken a cooler route. :shrug:

#9 ·
In January, my wife did an 11 day, 3,000 mile Australian motorcycle tour. For four of those days, while in the middle of New South Wales between Broken Hill and Dubbo, the temperatures were over 112°F (44°C) and one day it was 116°F (47°C). January is the middle of Summer there. Needless to say, their riding days for that leg of the trip were short and by late afternoon they were looking forward to the Pub.

#12 ·
I've seen 104-106 for hours on end, doesn't bother me on the GL1800. Dress in proper gear I actually like it. I'm riding to Las Vegas this summer and have ridden there before when it's been as high as 117 on a gl1200 before I understood wearing the correct gear, so unless it's upwards of 135 heat shouldn't be an issue.

#13 ·
116*F California Central Valley Measured with a Fluke Meter and Thermocouple 'cause I didn't believe the 119*F the bike was showing . . . after reading the 116*F . . . . I felt much better. What was really educational was that moving even a few feet off the highway would drop the temperature about 5*F on the Thermocouple.

#14 ·
117 in Mesquite, NV. It was only 115 when we came back through about a week later. They had oven mitts on the door handles. We left early the next morning(5:30) to beat the heat. It had dropped down to a brisk 95 degrees.

Note to self. Do not try to touch the grips bare handed if your bike has been sitting in the sun at those temps... even a few minutes.:shock:

#17 ·
Rode two years ago down the Natchez Trace in July, 104 F, stumpiest thing I have done riding. I am too big a wimp to ride in those conditions. :oops:

#18 ·
End of June 2012 Driving through Little Rock the wife asked how hot it was. 120 degrees when I checked and when we pulled of the freeway into town for lunch a bank sign said 122.

#21 ·
HIGH Temp

117 degrees on Hwy 118 between Big Bend NP and Alpine, Tx. But as I was informed, it's a dry kind of heat. Coming from Al. we know hot and humid.
Riding across Kansas on route 54 it hit 109 degrees, but I was wearing a cooling vest which saved the day. It was hot and with the Baker Wings it did not help, the air was hot.

ED
IBA
AMA
GWRRA
Polar Bear Grandtour.
Highlanders M/C NJ

#23 ·
Temperature

I have ridden through Death Valley twice. I believe the temp was 119 once and 121 the other time. Much higher than I like, But Death Valley was there and we thought we should give it a try. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.