·
Registered
2,946 Posts
WOW! My local dealer is 95.00

Reactions: Max McAllister

·
Vendor
17,829 Posts
My local dealer in Canton, GA just increased their labor rate to $160 per hour! What is the rate at your local shop?
Wow ... what did they increase it from ???

What is your labor rate ???

The local Honda dealer near me is $110. Many independents around me are either $75 or $85, but then they use privet time as their labor guide instead of Honda time. For example, if the local dealer charges 1.0 hrs for something ($110), the independent charges 1.3 at $85 = $110.50.

Also, from reading here on the forum, it sounds like some dealers are taking suggested Honda time, 1.8hrs on a 6th gen for a 8,000 mile service, and multiplying that time by 1.5 or more. 1.8 x 1.5 x $110/hr = $267.30.

·
Registered
80 Posts
$119 with a 1/2 hour minimum for an initial diagnosis. They will refund the 1/2 hour fee if the issue turns out to be something Honda warranty will pay for.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
$129.00 here in west Orlando Honda. and a 8% shop fee not to exceed $20. added to all work performed

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
OMG!!!! Last time I asked my local Honda dealer a couple years ago it was $50 HR. He said some people complain about that!

Last time I took a tire and rim in to have it changed it cost me $20.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just a humorous aside.....
Back in 1974, my Honda dealer had a sign at the service department
that read:

Labor rate:
$25 per hour
If you watch, $35 per hour
If you help, $45 per hour.

LOL!!

·
Vendor
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow ... what did they increase it from ???

What is your labor rate ???

The local Honda dealer near me is $110. Many independents around me are either $75 or $85, but then they use privet time as their labor guide instead of Honda time. For example, if the local dealer charges 1.0 hrs for something ($110), the independent charges 1.3 at $85 = $110.50.

Also, from reading here on the forum, it sounds like some dealers are taking suggested Honda time, 1.8hrs on a 6th gen for a 8,000 mile service, and multiplying that time by 1.5 or more. 1.8 x 1.5 x $110/hr = $267.30.

This becomes more true and frequent for older bikes. There is no way for a mechanic or shop to match flat rate working on an older bike. The flat rate times are based on a new bike, new hardware, nothing seized or corroded, with the bike on a lift, all appropriate tools out, mechanic practiced on the job, and then timed 3 times for an average.

So shops will charge the 1.5 for baked on gaskets, broken bolts, etc.

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
I think it's in the $90s at my local dealer. When it's something that I don't want to do myself or can't do myself I appreciate them doing it and I'm fine with paying.

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
I am most pleased to proclaim I have no idea at all what they charge!

prs

Reactions: jlbc212 and MTShipp

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
My Goldwing never went back to the dealer once I bought it so I never paid any attention to labor rates. In the seven years I owned it I did the oil changes and took it to my indy for tires and air filters.

·
Registered
790 Posts
$80/hour in Everett

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
As of 8:43 eastern on Jul 4 -- your post reads #17 of 10.
Our most fabulous Moderator #2 got it all ironed out, I don't know what I did to mess it up....

Thanks Dennis

prs

Reactions: Farmguy
1 - 20 of 24 Posts