GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am talking about the pin with the ball at the end --- :oops: --- that goes in as you push the pin thru the opening --- :oops: --- and then springs back out to hold it in place(like the one you use for the Utopia removal instead of the bolt)

It has a pull ring ( like a key ring) on the other end.
I wonder if a hardware store would have it for Utopia.
Thanks!

·
Registered
464 Posts
icing777 said:
I am talking about the pin with the ball at the end --- :oops: --- that goes in as you push the pin thru the opening --- :oops: --- and then springs back out to hold it in place(like the one you use for the Utopia removal instead of the bolt)

It has a pull ring ( like a key ring) on the other end.
I wonder if a hardware store would have it for Utopia.
Thanks!
Its called a detent pin. You also might consider a swivel lock hitch pin. instead of the pin on the end, it has a small swivel blade. 8)

G

·
hriso makes, rather sells, a detent pin for the Utopia backrest. The only problem is that it allows the backrest to flop forward when you're not leaning against it. :? I got the pin to allow for easy removal because my wife doesn't like the backrest in front of her. I've gone back to the bolt and locknut and will just have to exert a bit more effort when I want to remove the backrest. If you want my pin, email your address to me at [email protected] and I'll send it to gratis! :)

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
i was smart"ok not that you arent" and got the removable one and have none of these worrys?

but above posts are correct and good luck with your search

1 - 7 of 7 Posts