GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my '07 I had the right cubby out today and saw a red two wire plug with 2 green wires going into it. Wondering what this is. I have the base model so I suspect it's for some option I don't have.

Anyone care to cure my curiosity?

Thanks

Bob

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,375 Posts
On my '07 I had the right cubby out today and saw a red two wire plug with 2 green wires going into it. Wondering what this is. I have the base model so I suspect it's for some option I don't have.

Anyone care to cure my curiosity?

Thanks

Bob
Did you buy it new or used?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
You do mean "right" side.... throttle side... the cubby that locks....?

There is a red plug under the left, clutch side...

Once should always reference the "side" of the bike in relation to a person sitting on the bike. Throttle side is right side.

Dang... fixed it................

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
My throttle is on my right side. :wink2: As to the red plug, if it's under the locking cubby, that may the one used to connect a voltmeter.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,375 Posts
According to the schematics, there’s no red connector on the right side of a 2007 unless someone installed the accessory harness that brings power over from the left side. It is there from the factory on the 01-05 bikes to use the optional Honda heated grips, but looks like it was removed on the 06 and up bikes. They only have a power connector on the left side from the factory.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You do mean "right" side.... throttle side... the cubby that locks....?

There is a red plug under the left, clutch side...

Once should always reference the "side" of the bike in relation to a person sitting on the bike. Throttle side is right side....
Sorry, I assumed "right cubby" was sufficient

Reactions: Barney Biker 1

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses. It’s definitely on the throttle right side but maybe it’s a aftermarket plug somebody installed. My bigger fear was could it be unplugged from something important.

·
Vendor
17,829 Posts
The red 3-pin male connecter with 2 wires on the right side, under the pocket, is for Honda's optional Hondaline heated grip accessory package (no longer available). If your Wing came with a comfort package, the connecter will not be there. All 5th gens from 2009 came with the Comfort Package, so from then on, not red connector. On 5th gens from 2001-05, the connector is near the RF speaker. From 2006-08, the connector is to the left (in board) of the right pocket.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Mine has my garage door opener wired to the Push-to-talk switch. Could be what the previous owned did?? Test the connectors for voltage under different conditions and look for a momentary-on switch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts