GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a project.
This is the first time I've been to this board. Not much to search through. I'm really working on a Valkyrie project but I'm thinking about mating an 1800 Goldwing swingarm to my project bike.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Re: What is the widest tire that will fit on an 1800 Goldwin

Jeff K said:
This is the first time I've been to this board. Not much to search through.
When you consider that this board has only been in operation for about 10 days... and nothing was brought over from the old board... I think we're doing pretty good.

·
Chard Member
12,972 Posts
Can't really help you right now Jeff. I have a spare rear end and swingarm in the attic but I can't get up there to measure the inside of the swingarm for you tonight. No Ladder!

If that will help you any let me know, I'll get up there tomorrow sometime. All I know now is the Valk carried a 70 series and the 1800 Wing has a 60 series tire from the factory.

That's gonna be a trick attaching a aluminum single sided swingarn to a metal frame. I want to see that one when you're done.

·
Chard Member
12,972 Posts
Are you talking about the same Interstate you burnt a hole in a piston?

No I didn't trike my 1800, I just have a few spare parts around. I bought the extra back end mainly for the rotor and caliper. I have the caliper, rotor, swingarm with bearings, and driveshaft. I don't have a spare rear wheel.

If you're interested in the parts send me a offer at my e-mail. Maybe you would want to come down to Clearwater to pick the stuff up. You are in Jax aren't you?

[email protected]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Broke three pistons
I'm looking into buying a rear section at a trike shop in Daytona. I really wanted all of the rear parts.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I run a 195/50R16 Auto Tire on ours and some others run a 205/50R16. We use the Auto Tires for Hack (Sidecar) Rigs to gain both tire life and traction as well as comfort.

Jerry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts