GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wiping off bike and this was sticking out and I pushed it back in and it latched.
It's located on the left passenger grab rail. Doesn't have this on the right grab rail. See pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Look in your left saddle bag, there is another part to it as well as the release. The other part looks like a bent tool with a black handle, it goes through the helmet D-rings and locks behind that button which will pop out if you release it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
With a little work and planning it will work with most helmets and other items also.

I secure my helmets the same way. Works great and I'm probably in the minority of riders that actually like the new system. $7 for a cable from Aerostich that works great with the T-bar provided by Honda. When the trunk isn't full, my wife puts her helmet there. :wink2:

·
Registered
405 Posts
We wear only full face helmets and find the helmet lock great. You do need a cable though. I made my own, can't remember price but I almost positive it was less than $10 for the pair. I have two different lengths to lock other things like two helmets or jackets. Have only ever used the short one though.

I think the one in the picture was 2ft. of cable total and the other one is 6ft. Can also use both at same time if needed.

I just went out an timed myself without a practice run. 13 seconds from first pic to second.

Attachments

·
Registered
466 Posts
Helmet lock. Marginally functional, worthless if you're lid is a Shoei EoTec.
I have a NeoTec, and with a little thought, it is easy to secure on the seat with the OEM lock.

That guy who made the video telling you it isn’t any good is not always right.

Reactions: Tony_C

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just installed a set of Lidlox, about $97 for the pair. They go on the handle bar ends and make it very easy and convenient to lock your helmets by the straps. They can’t fall off of your seat this way. You can buy one also if you don’t mind not matching your handlebar ends. I’ve used Lidlox for years on a Can Am Spyder and they still are trouble free.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts