GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Well, someone at the customer review section of the product says:

"Why this wasn't a warranty item is beyond me. It did eliminate the whine in the intercom, but having to pay to correct something that should have been done right the first time doesn't sit well with me.
Installation took me about an hour or so. I can't deny that it worked, and the kit was top quality with good instructions."

So I assume it's a little circuitry device that acts as a noise filter for the intercom. :D

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
This is called the.......................
IC Noise Suppresion Sub Harness for ACG Whine
Honda P/N 32190-MCA-305 Kit
H/C 7230451
Parts Info bulletin MP03-001

All 01 and 02's will have this alternator whine in there headsets. They installed this fix on the 03's but WILL NOT ! Fix mine under warranty, but they will sell it to you ! Ask me how happy I am about it !!!!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
All 01 and 02's will have this alternator whine in there headsets. They installed this fix on the 03's but WILL NOT ! Fix mine under warranty, but they will sell it to you ! Ask me how happy I am about it !!!!
I don't have headsets yet, so I can comment. But, back in 89, I bought a used Chevy 4X4 1/2ton PU w/15k miles. The abs brakes never did work right, and I tried everything under the sun to make them right. Finally found that gm had installed a 'too-small' brake booster at the factory, and still charged me $100 to get the right one. Do you see any gm products in my driveway?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts