GL1800Riders Forums banner

WHAT is wrong with this site ?

2K views 24 replies 21 participants last post by  topster 
#1 ·
Whats going on with the Site ? Some times everything loads slow, sometimes it doesnt load at all. I close it out and then come back and can't even log onto the site at all ! My browser said site is found waiting for reply...... Anybody else having these problems ? :24shocked:

#4 ·
May be just coincedince,but I've various troubles with the internet in general all day.
Our two employee use computers would not log on at all for a while,and my wife,who is 2000 miles away called and said she couldn't access her email for a while.

Every place I go right now is pretty slow

#6 ·
Thanks

Hey Thanks LaMonster ! We appreciate it ! I was going for the rubber mallet, good thing you replied. Whew ! Sometimes these things need an adjustment ! LOL :angle1:

#7 ·
Mike L said:
Whats going on with the Site ? Some times everything loads slow, sometimes it doesnt load at all. . . . :24shocked:
Yeah, Mike. It sometimes drives me mad. :cus: But I realize it could be caused by things like -- how many people are on the site, how many people are using your ISP/DSL/cable, etc.. It could be your machine. I just upgraded the ram in this P750 (archaic machine) to 352MB of ram (256+64+32). That has made a significant difference, but it still takes time on some pages/sometimes. :?

Drives me nuts trying to figure it out . . . OK, I give up! :x

#9 ·
its here

La Monster, I dont think its the internets My Doom Virus, its only this site so far for me....................

Damn shame............. My favorite site out there............... Cant Ride, might as well talk about it huh??

#10 ·
I have the same problem, but not just on this site. An auto site I go to just upgraded to phpbb, and I've been having probs there also. I'm thinking that Lamont is right, it's more the net than only this site. I've noticed that sometimes, I'll click the stop button at the top, and re-choose my favorite, and it'll speed up. It's like my stupid puter is looking for a channel to get to the site.

#11 ·
I find this site runs at a snail's pace at times....sometimes it wont load at all...other times..it loads fast...go figure. I just roll with the punches...what else is one gonna do???? It does seem that the latest virus has slowed the net....I have found problems like this at other sites but for the most part...my sites in general are loading ok except for this one.

#12 ·
:( I'm giving it up for the night. At this snails pace, it is more frustrating than it is enjoyable. :(

#16 ·
Slow site

Have you ever noticed when things are running slow that all of a sudden your getting some pop ups, plus you get tracking software loaded on your computer, plus something called Ad Serve. This Blankity,Blank stuff drives me nutzzz. finally getting some of it blocked. :x

#17 ·
Site Problems

LaMonster, I sent you an email, but don't know if you got it. It seems to me that the secondary dns server is not working for this domain. This can cause lots of problems and I even find that I can't use my web accelerator at home with this site as they use the secondary to resolve the dns. If ther e is anything I can do, please let me know. I'm an ISP and fight these problems all the time.

Tom

#19 ·
Re: Site Problems

tomswenson said:
It seems to me that the secondary dns server is not working for this domain.
64.191.30.176 seems to be answering queries now. .175 is as well, but neither were just a bit ago. If my system didn't have a caching DNS server, I wouldn't have even made it here at first try.

Maybe they were having hardware issues on the machines?

I'd concur with Tom that DNS is the likely a culpret if it is bailing out. I haven't had any problems today with any site I've been to, except this one - and my pipe is Gig-E, so bandwith isn't the issue on my end.

#23 ·
Has anyone had any trouble getting email notifications for the topics you are following. I have the item checked in profiles and never delete it from the replys I send. I have also noticed the site has been slower that usual. :(

#24 ·
I don't think the main problem is at my end, I have dial up connection but sometimes go to the public library which has some sort of high speed connection and the problem still seems to be only on this site. When it gets too slow I just leave but am addicted and always come back for more. At times this website is even more better than riding!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.