GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping to share ideas always in search of the perfect audio and communications setup.

Here is mine:

2 Headsets, Passenger and Rider - http://tinyurl.com/J-M-Headset

Connecting lower cord with 3.5mm earbud jack - http://tinyurl.com/Lower-Cord-w-Earbud-Jack

Passenger connecting lower cord with volume control (Mrs. DaveFromDenver doesn't like earbuds in her ears, and her helmet is quieter than mine anyway, I think!) - http://tinyurl.com/Lower-Cord-w-Volume-Control

Rider Earbuds - http://tinyurl.com/m5teanb (Just ordered, to replace Etymotics whose drivers stick out of my ear too much and cause discomfort even though they have fantastic sound and great wind-noise attenuation!)

Our own PingJockey-designed, fabricated, and installed with my assistance, Passenger CB Push-To-Talk Switch and Passenger Intercom Mike Mute Switch - see post #11 at http://tinyurl.com/CB-and-Intercom-Switches

Garmin Zumo 550 with XM Satellite Radio hooked into "AUX" circuit through 3.5mm plug found originally in left fairing pocket. No longer manufactured by Garmin but I haven't found anything totally better...

Bluetooth Cellphone Integrator - I'm not really happy about the outgoing sound when paired with my Zumo 550 and Verizon HTC One but it's not important enough to me to try one of the competitors... - http://tinyurl.com/GPS-MIC-Interface

MP3 Player & Music Populating/Organizing Software - Works in lieu of Honda factory CD changer option, resides in trunk, handlebar controls for volume and changing songs/tracks - http://tinyurl.com/BikeMP3-Player-Software

What setup do you have?

Did you once have my setup or part of it and then change for the better?

Tell all!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
672 Posts
Well, I got Edsets G2 helmet speaker/mic system connected to GW audio system on my Level 3? (Audio, Comfort, Navi) 2010 Trike. I have the Honda CB and passenger cb ptt. Using Kennedy Cell set and other adaptors from Kennedy I have hooked up a Ham Radio with the main radio in the CD tray in the trunk. I have a PTT for the HAM radio mounted so the left thumb can activate same just by reaching just below the left side grip. I am currently in the process of using a modified ScalaRider G9 unit to add additional communications with others I ride with regularly who don't have HAM, FRS, GMRS, or CB capability. I have mounted the modified G9 unit on a custom mount that locates it just above the stock CB radio controls and in easy reach of the left hand. I will be making a modified Y-cable allowing me to integrate the G9 unit into the GW Driver headset cable so the Edset Mic will go to the mic input of the Scala unit and what had been an Aux in on the original G9 unit is NOW a Stereo audio out again going to the Driver headset cable.
I lifted the GW badge in the center of the top shelter just below the ignition switch and mounted a RAM ball mount in this recess. So, when all is finished, I'll have full duplex intercom, AM, FM, XM, CB, FRS, GMRS, HAM, wired cell phone, and ScalaRider BT to cell phone, and to the Scala Rider group communications ALL to the helmet speaker/mic system. BTW, the big ring on the lower left is my Butler cup holder. Pic below shows the top left the scala Rider G9 unit, under the grip is the HAM, FRS, and GMRS PTT. Center left is the control head for the HAM, FRS, GMRS unit. Center right is the empty holder for the Cell phone. These last 2 items using RAM mounting components. I have a USB power switched power port in the left side storage with a 4 port USB hub and I've got USB power routed to the Cell phone and ScalaRider G9 units with an APPLE connector for my several year old IPOD for MP3 action. Only current problem is with the Scala Rider---- it will not operate with the charging cable attached but it does charge quickly.

View attachment 56489

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
nothing

Been out here for 2 weeks, started with the 'Clear' system from cycle gear, can hear wife fine, but she couldn't hear me, unless we are going under 40-45 mph, so just as easy to just turn around and flip our shields open. Work fine, no wires, no charging!!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I got Edsets G2 helmet speaker/mic system connected to GW audio system on my Level 3? (Audio, Comfort, Navi) 2010 Trike. I have the Honda CB and passenger cb ptt. Using Kennedy Cell set and other adaptors from Kennedy I have hooked up a Ham Radio with the main radio in the CD tray in the trunk. I have a PTT for the HAM radio mounted so the left thumb can activate same just by reaching just below the left side grip. I am currently in the process of using a modified ScalaRider G9 unit to add additional communications with others I ride with regularly who don't have HAM, FRS, GMRS, or CB capability. I have mounted the modified G9 unit on a custom mount that locates it just above the stock CB radio controls and in easy reach of the left hand. I will be making a modified Y-cable allowing me to integrate the G9 unit into the GW Driver headset cable so the Edset Mic will go to the mic input of the Scala unit and what had been an Aux in on the original G9 unit is NOW a Stereo audio out again going to the Driver headset cable.
I lifted the GW badge in the center of the top shelter just below the ignition switch and mounted a RAM ball mount in this recess. So, when all is finished, I'll have full duplex intercom, AM, FM, XM, CB, FRS, GMRS, HAM, wired cell phone, and ScalaRider BT to cell phone, and to the Scala Rider group communications ALL to the helmet speaker/mic system. BTW, the big ring on the lower left is my Butler cup holder. Pic below shows the top left the scala Rider G9 unit, under the grip is the HAM, FRS, and GMRS PTT. Center left is the control head for the HAM, FRS, GMRS unit. Center right is the empty holder for the Cell phone. These last 2 items using RAM mounting components. I have a USB power switched power port in the left side storage with a 4 port USB hub and I've got USB power routed to the Cell phone and ScalaRider G9 units with an APPLE connector for my several year old IPOD for MP3 action. Only current problem is with the Scala Rider---- it will not operate with the charging cable attached but it does charge quickly.

View attachment 56489
Geez aren't you afraid of electromagnetic radiation burns?;):joke:

Nice setup!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I got 2 Sena SMH10R's and 2 Sena SM10's for the wife and I. I turn off the cell phone and throw it in the trunk, out of my way. The GPS is to be seen and not heard, it interferes whith the songs which I am singing along with! I do not use the voice activation feature, I will gladly push a button to talk to the wife when needed since I don't think she wants to listen to me sing along with Willie Nelson!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Two SM10's ?

I got 2 Sena SMH10R's and 2 Sena SM10's for the wife and I. I turn off the cell phone and throw it in the trunk, out of my way. The GPS is to be seen and not heard, it interferes whith the songs which I am singing along with! I do not use the voice activation feature, I will gladly push a button to talk to the wife when needed since I don't think she wants to listen to me sing along with Willie Nelson!
Just curious why you elected to install the second SM10? Additional equipment or ???

Sena makes good stuff, I think.

RB

·
Registered
144 Posts
BT Wireless

Sena SMH10 headsets for me and the wife. Sierra-Sena harness with SMH10 in the left glove box for talking on the CB. SM10 in the left glove box for listening to the GW's audio system's stereo music (FM, CD, Aux). Paired iPhone for stereo music from personal playlist (don't make/take phone calls when riding). Custom harness connected in parallel with passenger's headset connector under the seat for FRS/GMRS. Happy, happy.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Edsets 3G
The S plug custom earmolds
Zumo 2797
Bluetooth iphone
Kennedy Cellset GPS/ICS
V1 audio via Dualset
Laser interceptor audio vi Dualset
ipod in the trunk
Mic mutes