GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to hear which road in Ohio is your favorite.

It is kinda hard for me to say. I think route 26 heading North out of Marietta is possibly one of my favorites. Living close to the river I tend to head into KY or WV to get good roads. There are great road there and less traffic. But I am asking about Ohio.

·
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
US 52 along the river.
It is a good scenic ride along the river. LOL I don't even consider it, because it is too close to home. I can see it from the front porch. :lol::nojoke:

Rt. 255 Sardis to Woodsfield.
I guess I should have said that when I usually ride route 26 I hang a right on route 800 and take route 255 back to the river. :nojoke::lol::lol:

·
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, in that case how about the ferry at Fly leaving Ohio. :lol:
LOL I have never been across the ferry. How much does it cost?

·
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I would like to hear which road in Ohio is your favorite.

It is kinda hard for me to say. I think route 26 heading North out of Marietta is possibly one of my favorites. Living close to the river I tend to head into KY or WV to get good roads. There are great road there and less traffic. But I am asking about Ohio.
I like 93 south out of New Lexinton down to 595...(short...but fun) ...to 278 thru Nelsonvile over to 56 north then I blast home up thru Old Man's Cave area! :thumbup:

well, in that case how about the ferry at Fly leaving Ohio. :lol:
Sounds fun!! :thumbup: I would do that at least once!!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Trying to remember, but 26, 78, 550 and I think it was 255 that i was on......I loves the SE

·
Registered
835 Posts
If you guys are ever far enough upstream to get near the PA border, literally just across the PA border, where OH 39 turns into PA 51, hang a left on Calcutta Road. This becomes Calcutta-Smith Ferry Road once you get back into Ohio. Take that up a pretty good hill (you're coming up out of the Ohio River basin, after all) and you'll come to Rte 170 in the town of Calcutta. Head north on that. 170 between Calcutta and East Palestine is a great road. There are even youtube videos of it. Lots of hills and twisties, and pretty scenery, too.

Where I live, I hit 170 from the north end, and when I get to Calcutta, there are other roads, almost as fun, that take me back toward home.

Another good road is US 250. The closer to the River, the better, and it's a whole bunch of fun across the river in WV. But in Ohio there are a couple of switchbacks that are so tight you can just about see your own tail light.

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
The only downside of US250 in Ohio is the traffic. I ran it from Wheeling to Wooster and while the road was OK the traffic was crawling and it is fairly populated from Wheeling to Cadiz, for being a rural highway. I will have to check out 171. Always good to hear about new roads. :yes1:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Gotta agree, 26 and 255 are my favs in Ohio!:shrug:

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
If I told you I would have to kill you. :twisted:

·
Registered
994 Posts
I kind of like 78 and Triple Nickel. There's more but I haven't found them all yet. Still looking! :yes1:

·
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am surprised no one has mention Rt. 536 out of Hannibal. :shrug:
actually I had forgotten about that one. I have only been on it once. That was when I was riding with a ST group.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts