GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

What is your most favorite helmet brand

• ARAI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SHOEI

• HJC

• NOLAN

• VEGA

• ICON

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for responding to my very scientific :!: poll. :lol:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I like the HJC open face for these reasons:

1) Snell 2000
2) Great fit with multiple size cheek pads
3) Optional face shield seals out water and air
4) Integrated visor does not rattle
5) Cut outs for speakers

·
Registered
175 Posts
uneasyrider said:
I like the HJC open face for these reasons:
I am with Uneasy on this one the new AC3 is great helmet and a good value if it fits your head. Its the only one I found that lets you change from built in visor to a built in flip open face shield. The face shield also comes up far enough so it is not in your line of vision.

Panther

·
Registered
41 Posts
what is your most favorite helmet brand

I prefer the HJC SY-MAX. I like these because I wear glasses and I dont like alot of wind in my face. Especially if it is a little less than warm outside. That and I dont like to have it feel like it is going to get sucked off of my head if it is really windy out. And also because I have seen lots of pictures of bike accidents that the rider was wearing a 3/4 or a 1/2 helmet. Does'nt look pretty to have a partial face.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Which helmet

Jim

You did not list it but we have Jarrow Mono X2's and love them. The built in sun shield has been a real life saver when riding into the sun. We both wear glasses and our sun glasses were not dark enough by themselves. When we turn into the sun in the early morning or late evening we just flip down the built in shade and continue to ride.

Ron

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
I'm convinced that helmets and their fit are largely dependent upon the individual and his or her head shape so some will be comfortable with a given brand and others will not regardless of size. Therefore, it's better to go to a great helmet shop and try all the various brands on and find the one that works best for you. You might find as I did that some worked great and others that you may have wanted didn't fit at all so they were not an option.

I found the HJC and Nolan Flip Helmets worked and felt best for me,

DaleC

·
Registered
368 Posts
Anyone wearing a Zeus helmet needs to look at the evaluation in this month's Motorcycle Consumer News. They indicate that they could find no record of actual DOT compliance testing for Zeus and that the rivets protruding from the helmet would automatically exclude it from DOT certification.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Years ago I had a Bell, but ever since I got my first Shoie, I have never gone back. The new open face helmets we have are lighter and fit better than any we tried.IMHO!
We both would get Shoies again. Even the J&Ms fit nicely, and they have good ventillation. :D

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I like all the HJC's except the Symax.
Great value, great fit. Symax is way too
noisy. I have pairs of AC2, AC3 & Symax.
My wife had the CL5. She liked it, wrecked
with it on, so it is just a trophy now.

Don't give me the line about "how much is
you head worth?" How many times did you
buy that little latex 25 to 75 cent thing ? :D
And what was the value of that to which you
were protecting? :D

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Helmet poll

I agree with Ron, the Jarow Mono X2 is my favorite. The intergrated sunsheld is the best thing since cruise control. It's an important safty feature too. I flip my sunshield open when I ride from a bright sunny spot, into a dark or shady area, e.g. tunnels. I expect intergrated sunshields will probably be added to other brands as new models become available.

The Shurberth Concept also has the intergrated sunshield, but it was too small for my head.

Len Ellis
Helotes, TX

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Jim,

I like the Arai very much. Not sure why, guess it is just because it fits good on my bone head.

Don't try to buy one though. Seems ARAI does not want to sell them. Ask Gary & Mikey.

Bulldog

·
Registered
894 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but how do you vote on these polls ? :oops:
Probably something simple, but sometimes I can be a little simple myself, however. Thx in advance.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Thanks I found it , somehow it wasn`t the same message at the top, the first time I viewed the thread. :oops:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bulldog >>> I know about dumb Arai. Since they had the CBC color match helmet I tried to get one about two weeks ago while i'm really hot about purchasing 2 of them.

After Two weeks of search and unavailability of trying or even seeing one in a shop I gave up and ordered HJC's CL31.

It's their lost.

By the way everytime we get together with Gary & Mikey you are always remembered throughout our conversations.
Hope to meet you soon Bulldog. You have very nice friends over here!
Ride safe,

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
if you choose to wear a helmet, buy one that will do the job, dont skimp on $$ with something so important.

buy a little less chrome crap and a better helmet.

loren

1 - 20 of 20 Posts