GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you are riding, what kind of music do you like to listen to? Do you create play lists by genre? By artist? By era? By style? Do you pick a particular radio/satelite station? Or do you just put it all in and let the random shuffle do its thing?

Personally there is no one style I like over another. I just appreciate talented musicians. Usually I just let my player shuffle through all the music I have loaded when I'm riding.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Music

I go for good 'ol classic rock. I have a playlist on my IPod with songs I like to specifically listen to for when I ride.
Dennis

·
Registered
871 Posts
I listen almost exclusively to Sirius.

I only listen to two channels: ClassicVinyl and Outlaw Country

It saves a lot of channel surfing...

Stay safe,

Lance

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I listen to a lot of classic rock (70s on up), my wife likes 80s music so we have a mix on the Iway and use shuffle. We just picked up a Sirius satellite radio before Christmas and are enjoying it quit a bit. She likes the Big 80s channel (08 ), we both like Classic Rewind (15, later classic rock) and I also listen to Buzzsaw (19, classic hard rock). We will also pop over to Blue Collar Comedy (103) for something different

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
The XM unit on Skeeter stays tuned to Channel 78 most of the time. Most of you would probably hate that kind of "elevator" music, but it soothes this old soul.

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
I have been so busy building trailers and things that I have not put MP3 on the bike. I listen to the two classical channels on XM primarily. Seems like they are 110 and 113, and some times Vox which is 112, I think.

I would like to listen to Sarah Brightman, Sissel, Haytley Westenra, Karen Carpenter, Charlotte Church, etc but I have not found an XM channel that features that kind of programming. I find classical piano easiest to hear on the bike.

I have not ridden an 06 or 07 to hear the audio to see if it is that much better.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Two CDs full of Def Leppard, three with 80s metal and rock (Cinderella, Ratt, Poison, Night Ranger, The Cars, Eddie Money, .38 Special, Cheap Trick...) and the last one with a mixture of some country, the two Gold Wing songs I know about ("Wing of Gold" and "Driving on my Gold Wing") and a couple Kenny Rogers songs and polkas for a joke. The last CD usually gets skipped. :lol:

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I like just about anything but sometime I do my own tunes. Here is one of mine.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
I like both kinds ROCK and ROLL :D

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I've got a little bit of everything in my MP3 player.

Southern rock, classic rock, blues, country, and even a healthy dose of southern gospel.

Dep

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Eclectic mix.....

Soul to Hip Hop, Classic Rock, Country n Western, Rap, Rock n Roll, Disco, Zydeco...u name it.

Love em all. Each has their good points.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I like smooth jazz and country of all kinds.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
n9frp said:
Eclectic mix.....

Soul to Hip Hop, Classic Rock, Country n Western, Rap, Rock n Roll, Disco, Zydeco...u name it.

Love em all. Each has their good points.
Hey Jerry,
I noticed you listen to Hip Hop and Rap. Are you gonna try to mount a 1000 watt amp and a couple of 12 inch subs on your Wing to annoy people at intersections and vibrate all the bolts and screws loose on your bike?? :p

1 - 20 of 49 Posts