GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a good deal on a trailer, but I have no hitch on my 2010 Wing. I noticed on Ebay that there were a lot of different kinds of hitches out there but what kind to get and how hard they are to install is the question. Getting a small trailer to haul things with on longer trips would be nice, but several hundred dollars for a hitch and installation would make me rethink the whole thing.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hitch

I got the vertical one from Wing Stuff...$149. Works great and easy to remove any sign of a hitch...for those trips to the dealer for any maintenance.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
:shrug:There goes another warranty
Installing a trailer hitches doesn't void the warranty. The only way a aftermarket part could void a warranty is if it could be proven to cause the problem that you are trying to have a warranty claim with.

Honda has replaced plenty of 01 to 04 models frames....quite a few out of warranty.... that have had cracks in the rear triangle of the frame and had a trailer hitch installed. Why?.....because Honda knows the frame crack problem was caused by a design flaw with the frame with those models and not because of pulling trailers.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
The three hitches that bolt to the frame are Rivco, Bushtec, and Hitch Doc.

Others have load paths in secondary structure.

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
The three hitches that bolt to the frame are Rivco, Bushtec, and Hitch Doc.

Others have load paths in secondare structure.
Rocky, Your turn!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts