GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 F6B. What lifts are yall using. I'm looking at the J&S lift. Are there any out there thats comparable that works well with the F6B?

·
Registered
748 Posts
I assume by "Lift" you are referring to a jack,and not a pneumatic table lift.
I think one of the commonly available bike jacks is fine. I don't know your brand, but if it is good quality, and has safety features, it should do as well as any. Just make sure it is secure and the bike is well seated on it. I strap mine to the jack and use the outriggers or floor bolts. Go slow and remember - the securing strap tightens as you pump the bike up.
I have a 2013 F6B as well. The best investment you can make, is the center stand, if your bike isn't equipped with one already. I use it for tire changes, oil changes, and parking, in some places. $100. Ain't bad for the multiple benefits. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume by "Lift" you are referring to a jack,and not a pneumatic table lift.
I think one of the commonly available bike jacks is fine. I don't know your brand, but if it is good quality, and has safety features, it should do as well as any. Just make sure it is secure and the bike is well seated on it. I strap mine to the jack and use the outriggers or floor bolts. Go slow and remember - the securing strap tightens as you pump the bike up.
I have a 2013 F6B as well. The best investment you can make, is the center stand, if your bike isn't equipped with one already. I use it for tire changes, oil changes, and parking, in some places. $100. Ain't bad for the multiple benefits. Good luck!
Yes, I was meaning jack. My bike does have a center stand. Per the reviews and comparison on YouTube, J&S jacks are the best in the business. The $560 price tag also says that. Which is why I wanted to know what others are using. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Shop around, if that is too pricey. To me, it is, but everyone is different. I wouldn't say to get a "cheapy", but maybe in the mid-price range. If you can find on with outriggers, or floor levellers, that is helpful. I don't see them on your pic., but they may be there. It looks like a good one ( it better be!).
Cheers.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
If you're on the fence about a J & S for a Goldwing or F6B, check out my youtube review:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes, I was meaning jack. My bike does have a center stand. Per the reviews and comparison on YouTube, J&S jacks are the best in the business. The $560 price tag also says that. Which is why I wanted to know what others are using. Thanks for the info.
If you're spending $560 already, why not bump in another $500 or so and get a table lift?

·
Registered
465 Posts
I've been using my yellow Sears Craftsman jack for my F6B without any concerns. Lifts and holds the bike up with ease. More reasonably priced too.

·
Registered
748 Posts
It's the battle between a list for the best tools, versus the limitations of the budget! I have always used the standard type of bike jack, priced reasonably, but not too expensive. One good thing about it - you spend big bucks, you'll pull more maintenance to justify the expense!

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's the battle between a list for the best tools, versus the limitations of the budget! I have always used the standard type of bike jack, priced reasonably, but not too expensive. One good thing about it - you spend big bucks, you'll pull more maintenance to justify the expense!
A table lift can be used for other things as well, like when I had to replace the frame on my Toro mower:

And when I work on my new mower, which replaced that POS:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I actually found a lightly used Handy Lift, BOB 1500, used for $600. Man, this thing is great! Same exact model that local motorcycle shops are using.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts