GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
I think my 2018 DCT turns approx 2,800 rpm at 75 mph. Seem to recall my 2013 F6B turning approx 3,000 rpm at 75 mph. Best I can recall now that winter has set in and have not ridden for a while.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Saw/read where an unmentionable on another forum put a taller geared final drive in his bike and dropped his 70mph rpm by 400. That’s on a pre ‘18 wing by the way. Something to consider. I’ll be watching for more developments.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Saw/read where an unmentionable on another forum put a taller geared final drive in his bike and dropped his 70mph rpm by 400. That’s on a pre ‘18 wing by the way. Something to consider. I’ll be watching for more developments.
I'm also watching how it holds up. First reviews are raves.

(Edited for accuracy.)

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Do you boys mean to tell me that, after 20 years of making the 1800, Honda STILL doesn't know how to put out a Wing with an ACCURATE speedometer?
Scott

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Do you boys mean to tell me that, after 20 years of making the 1800, Honda STILL doesn't know how to put out a Wing with an ACCURATE speedometer?
Scott
You missed the post directly above yours.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Scott
I've never seen any MC with an accurate speedo...most of them read higher than actual speed...

·
Registered
7,731 Posts
I've never seen any MC with an accurate speedo...most of them read higher than actual speed...
They were fixed on GoldWings in 2009, I believe. After Honda lost a warranty/mileage lawsuit on their cars.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts

·
Love The DCT
11,327 Posts
The math doesn't seem work out on the rpm/increase in speed to compute to the rpm at 80 mph.
The tach on the new wings are marked in 500 rpm increments from 0 to 6000 rpm. From 6000 to 8000 rpm, the increments are at 1000 rpm. Honda states at 75 mph, the bike is turning 2500 rpm, and that is exactly what my bike indicates on the tach. The 2800 rpm at 80 mph is my “Mark 1 Mod 0’s” eyeball reading of the tach and like anything, YMMV.

My 18 wing’s speedo is right on as checked by one of my LEO buddies running a Stalker DSR 2X radar in stationary mode. The accuracy of that radar is plus or minus 1 mph when operated in the stationary mode.

·
Registered
562 Posts
These are GPS speeds

OEM Drive readings.

70MPH -3100RPM's
80MPH - 3600RPM
90MPH - 4000RPM's

From the YouTube link where a guy is making a new Ring and Pinion.

read his comments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts