GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just the standard seat on my Wing. Is there a seat that 1.) is more comfortable and, 2.) a seat that will sit me a little further back?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I have an Ultimate denim seat. It is very comfortable, but being denim does not get nearly as hot as leather seats, but is not very pretty especially as it shows wear.

I do not know if it allows you to sit further back, but they make different models for different sized riders.

Beware, the owner is hard to deal with, but it is a comfortable seat.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Almost all of them will fit your requirements. The problem is, finding the one that fits YOUR butt.

Sit on as many as possible before deciding. Russel, Hartco, Corbin, Kury (by Mustang), Ultimate, Saddelman, are a few to check out. We all like the ones we have, that is why we have them.

I like the Hartco Pro Tour, FWIW.

Happy Hunting

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
With all of the custom seats out there, my stock seat carries me ~12k miles a year, as they do with about 50% of the other 'wingers. Make sure that it is the route you want to go, because you will see many custom seats for sale by those that have searched for the ultimate. I'm sure for very tall, short, and extreme mileage riders, that the custom way is the only way. You will have as much agreement on them as with what oil and tires to use, though. About the only thing on the seat that gets major agreement (though not total) is the Utopia backrest, but you may not be able to use one if you have your seat modified to move you back.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I like the Ultimate. Check different companies websites and see if they list a rally schedule

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have just the standard seat on my Wing. Is there a seat that 1.) is more comfortable and, 2.) a seat that will sit me a little further back?
Ultimate offers a seat that is 1) more comfortable and 2) will seat up 1 1/2" further back. I have it and believe me, that 1 1/2" is a lot when it comes to freeing up you legs.

Ultimate is only one of the many options out there, Wingsoft can even rework your stock seat to make it more comfortable and sit you further back.

Good Luck I know what you are going through.:thumbup:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I recently purchased an Ultimate King, black. Am very happy. Seats me back 1 1/2 inch. I went with their driver backrest and the passenger backrest for a total of close to 1200. While I am not sure "my butt went to heaven", it is close!:lol:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I have a Wingsoft Large on my '03 Wing and an Ultimate King on my '08 Wing. I like both seats very well but if I had to chose between the 2 I would probably go with the Ultimate King. They aren't cheap but I found mine on this forum, used, for about 1/2 the price of new.

Being in NC you may want to go to Knoxville one day this next week and visit the vendors at Wing Ding. I'm bet many of the seat builders will be there and they will be glad to show you their versions.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the Ultimate King and like it alot. I have long legs and the 1'1/2 inches further back has made me much more comfortable. Wife likes the back seat because it sits her more upright in the seat--doesn't lean her back like the stock seat.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I have a Hartco and I love it! It sits me about 2" back, but not closer to the ground. I recently did an IronButt ride and my butt didn't bother me at all.

I did have shoulder issues on that ride because I was further back. Now waiting on REG Risers to solve that problem.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I tried all the pads and the AirHawk at least made it bearable on my first longtrip.

Then I tried the Wingsoft large, which changes foam and moves you back. That was better but I was still forced to use the AirHawk on trips other than just commuting.

Finally I sucked it up and got a Russell Day Long saddle. It has made all the difference in the world to me. I rode 6500 miles in 3 weeks in May, no pad, no pain.

I'm sure many of the other custom saddles are excellent too, but I don't think you will go wrong with a Russell. I kept the same seating location as the WingSoft, so I am about and inch and half back from stock, which gives my knees the room they need.

Imortant thing to understand about the Russell is the invreased width and padding in the side wings. This allows more room for your tailbone to settle without pressure, but itmakes the bike SEEM higher. It isn't really, but if you are short legged, it may feel that way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts