GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to purchase a new wing next month. From a cost/benefit point of view; is there one model or level that seems to be preferred? ...i.e. audio vs navi vs abs vs air bag? I've been riding an 02 with ABS for the last few years and have enjoyed that bike a great deal. Anyway, I would appreciate hearing what some of you are purchasing. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm going to purchase a new wing next month. From a cost/benefit point of view; is there one model or level that seems to be preferred? ...i.e. audio vs navi vs abs vs air bag? I've been riding an 02 with ABS for the last few years and have enjoyed that bike a great deal. Anyway, I would appreciate hearing what some of you are purchasing. Thanks in advance!
From what Ive read.............Level 3 or 4 in Red. They seem to bring a better return on resale. I purchased a level 3,I wish I would have spent a little more and got the air bag.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Get the ABS,I did not and regret it!! Luckily have not needed it but still wish I got that model!

·
Registered
78 Posts
From what Ive read.............Level 3 or 4 in Red. They seem to bring a better return on resale. I purchased a level 3,I wish I would have spent a little more and got the air bag.Hope this helps.
:agree:

I have the red level 3 and couldn't be happier!!:excited:

·
Registered
85 Posts

I got the black 2012 level 3.

I came from a ST1300 with ABS... and don't ever want to ride without it.

Black sure is pretty when it is clean and polished. But it does show the dirt!

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you're going to drop this kind of money, then get what you want. Only talking about a one or two thousand $'s between levels. I bit the bullet and ordered my Level 3, and waited 5 weeks for delivery. But it's here now & I have no regrets. :biker:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everybody for your reply and advice. I was on the fence between the level 2 and level 3. My gut told me (considering I am a "safety man") that the level 3, or better, was the way to go. I ordered the bike yesterday - Red, Level 3! I'm picking it up on October 25th!! Thanks again!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts