GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy who is destined to be a winger has a delema. Right now he's riding a Valk. He has a choice. A 2003 Yellow and Black Gl1800 with 12 k miles or a new white 04 GL1800. He really loves the yellow and black.

He's not sure of the white. I say go to the white. Its an 04 vs/ an 03. The 03 has the weld problems and the overheating thing. The dealer says their fixed. Is this something to be concerned about or not. Should the 03 be avoided or is the fix ok.

04 has nothing wrong with it. Its new. There is some price difference of course. What do you thingk is a good price now for the 04. Hows white look in person.Does the 03 have lighted controls. 04 windshield has the vent Any other differences. What's your opinion.

G

·
0 Posts
not all 2003 had cracked frames. There is a vin range the problems seemed to fall in. If the dude wants yellow there is no reason to not get it. Otherwise I'd go with a new 2004. I've never bought a used bike, never will. I like to break them in myself. :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
I had the same problem until a month ago.

I was keep asking to myself a Yellow 2003 or Candy Black Cherry 2004

I really liked the both colors and at the end I got the 04 CBC with ABS but frame or any other issue never played a role in my choice.

Not every 03 had those problems. I got 04 because of the color and dashboard lighting and windshield vent but mainly there was no yellow 03 with ABS were available at anydealer throughout the states and I did not want to wait for it.

So I say with all the confidence in the world tell your FRIEND :wink: to choose whichever bike he wants.
After all whichever color he ends up with he'll still be riding a GL1800!
Best touring bike out there...

Good luck.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Saw a White 1800

Went fishing friday. We met a white GL1800 coming at us. Fished all day and on the return trip home saw the same white wing going the other direction. I must say it looked better in person than the pics ive seen.
I wouldnt own one but did not look bad.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know STRIDER your right. Thats waht he should do. Call around. I bought mine 3 hours away and have already established a relationship with the local stealer. We have a working realationship. I give him all my money and he only makes me wait til he good and ready to work on my bike.

Only kidding. I do all the work myself. If I have a problem I'll take it in. Oil changes , lubes and brakes I will do. Tires its off to the dealer, etc.

·
Registered
231 Posts
On a flight to Reno, NV today. (I live a tough life :wink: ) and stopped in to the local Honda store. Saw a CBC '04, and a White '04 and a kinda Red '04 :? and a Orange '03. They wanted $15499 for the '03 and no price on the '04s. The kinda Red one really looked cheap. The white was not bad. But the CBC '04 was way cool. :D
I still like the IB '02 in the garage tho :wink: :D :D :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Picked up my White 04 Last thursday and the pictures sure did not do it justice it is a very good looking bike. Personally I didn't like the other colors other than the titanium (again a matter of prefrence the other colors are flashy.) Rain moved in for the weekend so I didn't get it out but weather looks good for the weekend for a trip somewhere. Either way enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts