GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta get one today... I'm at work without my service manual.

Thanks.
8)

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
or...................16mm. I think them Japanese plugs are made to metric specs.......ain't much difference.....5/8 = .625, and 16mm= .630

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Actually I don't recall ever seeinga metric plug socket......the ones with the rubber inside to hold the plug while you pull it out. I'd imagine all you may find are 5/8.......which of course work perfectly.

·
Chard Member
13,055 Posts
Soloquest said:
Isn't it metric, Red?
It probably is metric, but a 5/8" 6 point plug socket fits just fine. I also us a 3/4" on the rear lug nuts and a 7/8" on the frt axle bolt. :wink:

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Metric, Smetric! Use what Red said. They really do work!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
5/8 = .625 or 16mm
3/4 = .750, or 19mm
7/8 = .875, or 22mm,

not trying to impress anyone with my math skills.....just passing along what may be usefull stuff.

FYI inch spec x 25.4 = metric, i.e .75 x 25.4 = 19.05mm or 19mm. Conversely of course if you divide the metric spec by 25.4 you get inch spec.

·
Registered
696 Posts
spark plug socket

use the one in your honda tool kits works as good as any thing else
better then most

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now Don, that's the best response I've had all day! :D :D I didn't even think of that. You just saved me 10 bucks! :lol: :lol:

Thanks!
8)

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
However that will work, but its defintely the cheapest of qaulity that you will ever use.

Steve, Thanks for the info. That will come in handy sometimes with work.

·
Chard Member
13,055 Posts
Soloquest said:
Now Don, that's the best response I've had all day! :D :D I didn't even think of that. You just saved me 10 bucks! :lol: :lol:

Thanks!
8)
The skin on my knuckles is worth more than $10! LOL... Get off your wallet and get yourself a 5/8" six point socket..... :sparkplug:

·
Registered
696 Posts
socket

gee i never had one of these bust my knuckles, must have done something wrong huh

·
Chard Member
13,055 Posts
Re: socket

DON OLLER said:
gee i never had one of these bust my knuckles, must have done something wrong huh
"A mechanic is no better than the tools he uses!" LOL... :idea:

I imagine you get the torque setting real close with that screwdriver stuck threw that fancy socket for leverage. :wink:

-------------------------------------------

On the subject of tools... I've had people ask me what tools they need to carry on their bikes. I tell them if you have to ask, you don't need any tools because you wouldn't know how to use them! :?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts